Transmission Line Engineer
Locations: Ann Arbor MI, Dallas TX, Rochester NY, Newark NJ, Washington DC, New Haven CT, Atlanta GA, Buffalo NY, and Tampa FL
Seeking an energetic Civil, Structural or Electrical engineer who will be responsible for transmission and distribution line designs from the initial conceptual / feasibility study and cost estimating phase through detailed design, installation, and startup phases. You will perform work as well as help plan and direct the work of other engineers and designers engaged in delivering the design and installation of new and modified high and medium voltage transmission and distribution lines. The work will entail preparing high and medium voltage transmission and distribution line physical and routing drawings. You will also be involved with bills of material as well as equipment procurement/fabrication, installation, and testing specifications, bid documents, bid evaluations, and subcontract management.
- 3 - 5 yrs. experience in transmission line design engineering
- BS degree in Electrical or Civil Engineering
- Registered PE License / EIT - or ability to obtain
- PLS CADD, PLS-Pole, PLS-Tower, LPILE ; strong proficiency in at least 1 of these
- Utility and/or consulting engineering firm experience is essential
- High voltage projects from 230kV - 500 kV
- Experience with Underground (UG) transmission lines is a plus
- Distribution Line experience is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Responsibilities will involve engineering tasks associated with the design of high-voltage electrical transmission lines. These tasks will include:
- route selection
- material specifying
- construction bid document preparation
- design/construction liaison
Salary: $DOE. Also offers bonus structure, comprehensive benefits, and relocation assistance.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.