Do you love to work outside? We have the job for you! Supporting adults with disabilities to learn landscaping skill. And $12 an hour. No CDL required.
Job Title: Direct Support Professional
Department: TWi | TWIG
Reports To: DSP Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Last Update: September 2018/February 2019
Summary: Provides vocational training and support through the use of contracted production to those who are developmentally disabled.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include: (1) Safely transporting adults with a developmental disability to a community contracted work site. (2) Providing professional training through the use of landscaping estimate to adults who are developmentally disabled (3) Fosters/Maintains good relationship with landscaping business partners to ensure continued relationships and growth.
- Knowledge of mowing and landscaping equipment. Including, but not limited to, push mowers, riding mowers, and gas powered blowers.
- Oversee and participate in all landscaping equipment maintenance. Relay needs to appropriate supervisor.
- Knowledge of yard maintenance including landscaping, planting, lawn care, etc.
- Ability to evaluate needs at customer sites to recommend additional yard maintenance and/or to cover all necessary lawn work.
- Ability to see a need (blowing clippings off walkways, driveways) and including the participants in the ability to see areas needing addressed during final clean-up at each work site.
- Ability to mow lawn at the business customer’s preferred height for routine lawn trimming.
- Fall and spring clean-up of leaves, debris from lawn including any other planting need of customer.
- Ability to safely operate pickup truck and attached trailers in the community.
- Provides a safe working and learning environment.
- Ability to use all mowing and landscaping equipment. Participates and helps participants at job sites. Leads by example.
- Ability to train participants on landscaping to allow them to work as independently as possible.
- Provides supervision to individuals, according to their ISP.
- Maintains a high standard of quality per customer standards. Ability to recognize over or under charges to customers and make corrections.
- When contract work is scheduled but not available, provides meaningful employment training as per individual needs.
- Capable of providing mowing and landscaping estimates to customers which include: Mulching, Spring/Fall clean ups, raking, and mowing.
- Participates in in-service training.
- Follows organizational procedures and policies.
- Utilizes proper lifting techniques in carrying out job responsibilities.
- Encourages and personally utilizes provided safety equipment at all times; including but not limited to: protective eye glasses, ear plugs, gloves, sunscreen, rain jackets, etc.
- Prepares and submits all required paperwork in an organized and timely manner.
- Completes the daily Title XIX/XX accountability forms to include attendance, services provided and activity forms as per procedure.
- Keeps accurate and up-to-date pay records for each individual and submit same in a timely fashion.
- Provides appropriate input for an individual’s ISP as needed.
- Assists in the development of training and behavior support plans
- Maintains valid, current certification including CPR/1st aid.
- Attends special team meetings
- Participates in in-service training
- Other Duties As Assigned
The Essential Duties and Responsibilities above represent the most significant duties of this position, but does not exclude other occasional work assignments that would be within the qualifications and responsibility levels of the position.