See all jobs in Phoenix AZ
Job Location: Phoenix, AZ
Architect & Job Captain for Commercial Retail Firm:
- Producing and coordinating the completion of all construction documents and building submittals for commercial client base
- Creates functional architectural documents using familiarity with construction practices and procedures.
Professional and Technical Experience:
- The Job Captain position desires experience with grocery and restaurant
- The Architect (does not have to be registered) position requires experience with commercial ground up and TI projects. We are NOT looking for someone who specializes in residential.
- Experience in AutoCAD required
- Experience in Revit desired
- Consistently delivers high quality work to the team as measured by Project Manager feedback.
- Responsible for producing a complete set of construction documents across a variety of commercial projects in the studio at a high level Desired experience with grocery and restaurant
- Consistently delivers and make project deadlines on, or ahead of the scheduled delivery date and within budget
- Directs CAD technicians in the completion of construction documents to ensure deadlines are met on time and within budget while coordinating project knowledge to ensure client goals are met.
- Acts as first point of contact for building departments and landlords to ensure successful coordination of projects and any required corrections
Key Success Factors:
- Minimum 4 years experience within a commercial (non residential) architectural environment
- Ability to create and manage schedules and deadlines in Excel, MS Project, or similar
- Expert knowledge of AutoCAD software programs and experience setting up and working in managed office CAD standards
- Revit experience desired
- Strong knowledge of IBC, national, and regional building codes, ADA requirements, and energy codes
- Knowledge of MEP systems and ability to communicate with Clients and Engineers as required
- Demonstrable experience producing complete commercial construction documents submittal and managing the permitting process.
- Knowledge of coordinating consultants, answering RFIs, and adhering to standard AIA construction documentation practices.
- Experience managing and adjusting schedules, overseeing drafters, and redlining and reviewing plan sets.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability and judgement to create project schedules against a budget and meet deadlines
- Ability to perform consistently and reliably with a willingness to increase professional responsibilities and skills
- Strong leadership and effectively mentoring and training new talent
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.