Salary: Based upon experience
Box Truck Driver
Reports to: Operations/Dispatch Manager
General Driving Responsibilities
- Operates in the transportation of freight in accordance with Company, Federal, State and Local laws with regard to run times and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations
Delivers packaged goods (lubricants, automatic transmission fluid, hydraulic oil, motor oil, etc.) to businesses. Drives an established route which may vary every day.
- Assists where needed in local pick-up and delivery routes (home daily, paid hourly). Operates box truck. May be required to work the dock to include loading and unloading freight.
- Covers routes for other drivers when needed.
- Conducts pre-trip and post-trip inspections to ensure safe working conditions of vehicle prior to each trip and at the end of each trip
- Checks gauges and visual indicators for malfunctions, ensures seals and conducts inspection of vehicles before and during trips to determine problems that may be occurring.
- Promptly reports all maintenance problems to Operations/Dispatch Manager
- Must adhere to all FMCSA requirements of those holding a Commercial drivers license
- Uses in-cab technology, to include electronic logs and may be required to use a computer
This role requires the following related education or equivalent combination with experience and training. High School Diploma or General Educational Degree (GED), or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- 21 years of age required per FMCSA regulations (minimum 2 years driving experience)
- Class B Commercial Driver`s License
- Air brake endorsement required
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Ability to operate a forklift (3,000 lb. vehicle) or previous forklift certification
- Ability to push or pull a loaded pallet jack and/or a hand truck.
- Physical activities include: standing, lifting, twisting, turning, climbing a ladder, etc.
- Must maintain an acceptable MVR
- Must be familiar with state motor vehicle laws and FMCSA rules and regulations
- Must pass FMCSA required medical exam
- Ability to meet the FMCSAs requirements to speak and read English
- Must be able to and comply with all company policies, rules, procedures and Code of Conduct
- Must be able to interact well with others
- Ability to work independently or in a team setting, in a fast paced environment
- Must be mentally and emotionally capable of handling a high stress environment
- Must be capable of lifting a minimum of 100 pounds and moving a 55 gallon drum of product.
- Responds well to questions. Ability to read, interpret and comply with written information and documents such as safety rules, operations / procedure manuals and maintenance instructions with a high comprehension and concentration level to include the ability to meet deadlines
- Must pass random drug and/or alcohol tests and criminal history background check
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
How To Apply:
Please submit resume to:
Yoder Oil Co. Inc