Salary: Based upon experience
Fuel Tankwagon Driver
Reports to: Director of Operations
Support operations in carrying out responsibilities required to safely deliver products and services to customers.
General Driving Responsibilities
- Operates in the transportation of freight in accordance with Company, Federal, State and Local laws with regard to run times and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations
- Assists where needed in local pick-up and delivery routes (home daily, paid hourly). Operates fuel tankwagon. May be required to work the dock to include loading and unloading freight.
- Covers routes for other drivers when needed.
- Conducts pre-trip and post-trip inspections to ensure safe working conditions of vehicle prior to each trip and at the end of each trip
- Checks gauges and visual indicators for malfunctions, ensures seals and conducts inspection of vehicles before and during trips to determine problems that may be occurring.
- Promptly reports all maintenance problems to Operations/Dispatch Manager.
- Must adhere to all FMCSA requirements of those holding a Commercial drivers license
- Uses in-cab technology, to include electronic logs and may be required to use a computer
This role requires the following related education or equivalent combination with experience and training.
- 21 years of age required per FMCSA regulations (minimum 2 years driving experience)
- Class A or B Commercial Driver`s License
- HazMat, air brake, and tanker endorsements required
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Ability to operate a forklift (3,000 lb. vehicle) or previous forklift certification
- Ability to push or pull a loaded pallet jack and/or a hand truck with a minimum load of 100 gallons
- Physical activities include: standing, lifting, twisting, turning, climbing a ladder, etc.
- Must maintain an acceptable MVR
- Must be familiar with state motor vehicle laws and FMCSA rules and regulations
- Must pass FMCSA required medical exam
- Ability to meet the FMCSAs requirements to speak and read English
- Must be able to and comply with all company policies, rules, procedures and Code of Conduct
- Must be able to interact well with others
- Ability to work independently or in a team setting, in a fast paced environment
- Must be mentally and emotionally capable of handling a high stress environment
- Must be capable of lifting a minimum of 100 pounds or move a 55 gallon drum of product if needed
- High School Diploma or General Educational Degree (GED), or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background
- Responds well to questions. Ability to read, interpret and comply with written information and documents such as safety rules, operations / procedure manuals and maintenance instructions with a high comprehension and concentration level to include the ability to meet deadlines
- Must pass random drug and/or alcohol tests and criminal history background check
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
How To Apply:
Please submit resume to:
Yoder Oil Co. Inc