Outside Sales Representatives perform the function of acquiring new Customers, taking a Customer relationship from order to delivered product, which includes new product, identifying new markets, and expanding current Customer relationships. Outside Sales Representatives work as part of a team having responsibility for creating and enhancing Customer satisfaction by resolving product and service problems. Outside Sales Representatives also record and provide an important part of the consumer research that is identified in Deming’s Figure 1.
Supervisor: Sales Supervisor
7761 West Kellogg Drive
Wichita, KS 67209
Office per Employment Manual
Regular, Reliable, and Physical On-Site Attendance Required
Holidays Observed: Per Employment Manual
Pay: Per Wage Scale
Benefits: Per Employment Manual
Travel: This position requires travel at various times to various places as required, but not limited to exhibit at Trade Shows, investigate and provide solutions for field issues, provide specific training to Customers, and to participate in Produce installations.
1. Abide by the Quality Management System.
2. Understand that Customer satisfaction is our first priority, and the importance of compliance to statutory and regulatory requirements.
3. Protect the Company’s assets, reputation, goodwill, and stature in the marketplace at all costs.
This position will perform the below listed duties consistently, accurately, timely, safely, and at the lowest feasible cost:
1. Maintain the Quality Management System
2. Make it understood by all Team Members that Customer satisfaction is our first priority, and the importance of compliance to statutory and regulatory requirements
3. Protect the Company's assets, reputation, goodwill, and stature in the marketplace at all costs
4. Establish and maintain good relationships with Customers via email, telephone, or face-to-face
5. Initiate communications throughout company and client organization; Competence and corporate etiquette are required
6. Listen to Customer’s queries patiently
7. Acquire successful sales methods utilizing Bob DeGroot methodology
8. Acquire Five Needs of a Sales Professional: Knowledge of Product, Knowledge of Market, Skill in Selling, Skill in Cooking, and Skill in Communication
9. Process sales requirements – from quote to cash
10. Secure new Customers from a designated territory
11. Develop and maintain Customer Account Business Profiles in the CRM
12. Achieve sales revenue targets and assigned strategic account objectives
13. Prepare and update databases, sales reports, and Activity Reports
14. Utilize the CRM to capture all customer data and maintain a contact schedule
15. Perform outbound sales calls to small and medium accounts
16. Strengthen and maintain relationships with newly acquired customers
17. Provide information to Customers
18. Locate, vet, and set up service vendors in the XLT Product Databases
19. Sell products, accessories, and options by providing information to Customers and finding solutions to Customer problems
20. Assist with securing Arrangements as required
21. Coordinate all travel arrangements
22. Maintain composure even if the Customer is rude
23. Determine solutions to problems in a timely manner
24. Coordinate with other Team Members to find solutions and resolve problems
25. Escalate problems in a timely manner
26. Provide Customer and industry feedback and data to the Marketing Specialist
27. Attend Trade Shows as required
28. Host Customer visits as required
29. Perform housekeeping of the office area as required
30. Observes safety rules
31. Develop work instructions and job training materials
32. Assist the Sales Supervisor in identifying unsafe acts and conditions, and then implementing and maintaining a safe working environment
33. Participate in continuous education and training
34. Perform any and all other duties as assigned by the President
Intermediate Computer, E-Mail, and Web skills are required. Most of the documentation and training is done through the use of computers.
Advanced computer skills required are Microsoft Office
Licenses Required: Driver’s License
Requires previous Customer service, sales, and/or foodservice experience
1. Must have knowledge of our Products
2. Must have knowledge of our Customers
3. Must have knowledge of our Competitors
4. Must have knowledge of our Competitor’s Products
5. Must have knowledge of Markets
Training Required: Per Training Time Table
Prefer a Bachelor's Degree in a business curriculum from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience, and must be knowledgeable of all products and services offered by the Company.
1. Must be able to stand, walk, and use hands for up to 10 hours per day.
2. Must be able to sit at a desk and use a keyboard and mouse for up to 10 hours per day.
3. Must be able to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl for 3 hours per day.
4. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
5. Must have good close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth percept, the ability to adjust focus.
1. Must be able to count, add, subtract, multiple and divide.
2. Must be able to read, speak, and write English.
3. While talking to others, convey information effectively.
4. Must be able to judge distances, shapes, and fits.
1. Excellent listening skills-give full attention to what other people are saying
2. Strong Problem Solving skills
3. Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
4. Leadership and motivational skills
5. Interpersonal skills
6. Strong written and verbal communication skills
7. Decision-making and analytical skills
8. Five Needs of a Sales Professional: Knowledge of Product, Knowledge of Market, Skill in Selling, Skill in Cooking, and Skill in Communication
9. Ability to work under pressure individually and as part of a team
10. Able to plan and prioritize his/her own work
11. Must have attention to detail
12. Must have ambition and drive
13. Must have a willingness to accept responsibility
14. Must be proactive in taking action
Part time exposure to mechanical moving parts, explosives and combustibles, electrical shock, vibration, and fumes or airborne particles, loud noises, and ultraviolet light. Also part time exposure to a typical office environment.
XLT Quality Manual
Little Big Things
How to Win Friends and Influence People
How To Apply:
Go to www.xltovens.com to apply. You must submit an application, but may also attach a resume.