Assemblers work as part of a team having responsibility for assembling basic subassemblies. This is an entry level position, where assemblers are expected to learn basic assembly and manufacturing skills
Supervisor: Production Lead/Production Supervisor
7761 West Kellogg Drive
Wichita, KS 67209
Production Schedule per Employment Manual
Regular, Reliable, and Physical On-site Attendance Required
Holidays Observed: Per Employment Manual
Pay: Per Wage Scale
Benefits: Per Employment Manual
Travel: This position requires no overnight travel
1. Abide by the Quality Management System.
2. Understand that Customer satisfaction is our first priority, and the importance of compliance to statutory and regulatory requirements.
3. Protect the Company's assets, reputation, goodwill, and stature in the marketplace at all costs.
This position will perform the below listed duties consistently, accurately, timely, safely, and at the lowest feasible cost:
1. Performs assembly operations
2. Performs hand-held riveting operations
3. Maintains shop equipment and tools
4. Performs quality control operations – follows SOP
5. Observes safety rules
6. Performs housekeeping of assembly area(s) – 5S
7. Perform and all other duties as assigned by the President
Basic Computer, E-Mail, and Web skills are required. Most of the documentation and training is done through use of the computer.
Licenses Required: None
Travel Documents: None
Prior manufacturing or equivalent experience is required.
Training Required: Per Training Matrix
Education Required: A High School diploma or GED is preferable, but not required.
1. Must be able to stand, walk, and uses hands for up to 10 hours per day.
2. Must be able to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, sit, or crawl for 3 hours per day.
3. Must be ab le to lift 50 pounds.
4. Must have good close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth percep the ability to adjust focus.
1. Must be able to count, add, subtract, multiply and divide.
2. Must be able to read, speak and write English.
3. While talking to other, convey information effectively.
4. Must be able to judge distances, shapes and fits.
1. Excellent listening skills - give full attention to what other people are saying.
2. Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions.
3. Leadership and motivational skills
4. Interpersonal skills
5. Good written and verbal communication skills
6. Decision-making and analytical skills
7. Ability to work under pressure individually and as part of a team.
8. Able to plan and prioritize his/her own work.
9. Must have attention to detail.
10. Must have mechanical aptitude.
11. Must be able to use common power and hand tools.
12. Must be knowledgeable in Engineering Drawings
13. Must know threaded fasteners.
Exposure to mechanical moving parts, explosives and combustibles, electrical shock, vibration, and fumes or airborne particle, loud noises and ultraviolet light.
XLT Quality Manual
Little Big Things
How to Win Friends and Influence People