The Accountant will examine, analyze, and interpret accounting records to prepare financial statements, give advice, or audit and evaluate statements prepared by others. Install or advise on systems of recording costs or other financial and budgetary data.
Essential Functions: This position will perform the below listed duties consistently, accurately, timely, safely, and at the lowest feasible cost:
1. Work as a key bridge between Finance and other functional areas to maximize business processes and facilitate an understanding of cost structures and operational results
2. Make it understood by all Team Members that Customer satisfaction is our first priority, and the importance of compliance to statutory and regulatory requirements
3. Protect the Company's assets, reputation, goodwill, and stature in the marketplace at all costs
4. Maintain in good order all documents associated with this position
5. Develop needed reporting to support efficiency/cost savings initiatives, including ROI and capacity analysis
6. Analyze, track and report progress on identified key improvements and cost reduction opportunities
7. Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting data
8. Advise management on tax strategies
9. Review and implement modifications to accounting systems and procedures
10. May perform the processes necessary to complete Payroll
11. Create forms and manuals for accounting and bookkeeping personnel
12. Assist the Finance Department in creating accurate and timely financial records for the organization; support month-end and year-end close process
13. Available for special accounting projects as they arise
14. Provide timely and accurate reporting
15. Practice 5S
16. Comply with Federal, State and Local Financial legal requirements
17. Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending conferences and educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
18. Perform any and all other duties as assigned by the President
Computer Skills: Basic computer, E-Mail, and web skills are required. Most of the documentation and training is done through the use of computers. Advanced computer skills required are, Microsoft Office Suite and Sage 50.
1. Excellent listening skills – give full attention to what other people are saying
2. Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
3. Leadership and motivational skills
4. Interpersonal skills
5. Good written and verbal communication skills
6. Decision-making and analytical skills
7. Ability to work under pressure individually and as part of a team
8. Able to plan and prioritize his/ her own work
9. Must have strong attention to detail
Experience Required: 5-10 years of relevant experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
Education Required: Prefer a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field from an accredited college or university.