CNC Operators operate computer-controlled machines or robots to perform one or more machine functions on metal or plastic work pieces.
Status: Full-Time hourly
Supervisor: Production Lead/Production Supervisor
7761 West Kellogg Drive
Wichita, Kansas 67209
Work Schedule: Production Schedule per Employment Manual
Holidays Observed: Per Employment Manual
Pay: Per Wage Scale
Benefits: Per Employment Manual
Travel: This position requires no overnight travel
- Abide by the Quality Management System.
- Understand that Customer satisfaction is our first priority, and the importance of compliance to statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Protect the Company's assets, reputation, goodwill, and stature in the marketplace at all costs.
This position will perform the below listed duties consistently, accurately, timely, safely, and at the lowest feasible cost:
- Set up, operate, and/or tend CNC fabrication machines
- Performs deburring operations
- Performs stocking & inventory control functions
- Performs testing-trouble shooting operations
- Maintains shop equipment and tools
- Performs housekeeping of assembly area(s) – 5S
- Helps develop Work Instructions for this job
- Helps evaluate new processes and procedures
- Performs quality control operations; follows Standard Operating Procedures
- Observes safety rules
- Perform and all other duties as assigned by the President
Basic Computer, E-Mail, and Web skills are required. Most of the documentation and training is done through use of the computer.
Licenses Required: None
Travel Documents: None
Prior manufacturing or equivalent experience is required.
Per Training Matrix
A High School diploma or GED is preferable, but not required.
- Must be able to stand, walk, and use hands for up to 10 hours per day.
- Must be able to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, sit, or crawl for 3 hours per day.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must have good close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth percept the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to count, add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Must be able to read, speak and write English.
- While talking to others, convey information effectively.
- Must be able to judge distances, shapes and fits.
- Excellent Listening skills - give full attention to what other people are saying.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths ad weaknesses of alternative solutions.
- Leadership and motivational skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Decision-making and analytical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure individually and as part of a team.
- Able to plan and prioritize his/her own work.
- Must have attention to detail.
- Must have mechanical apitude.
- Must be able to use common power and hand tools.
- Must be knowledgeable in Engineering Drawings.
- Must know threaded fasteners.
Exposure to mechanical moving parts, explosives and combustibles, electrical shock, vibration,and fumes or airborne particles, loud noises and ultraviolet light.
How To Apply:
Go to www.xltovens.com to apply. You must submit an application, but may also attach a resume.