The Programmer will create, modify, and test the code, forms, and script that allow computer applications to run that meet current and future XLT needs in accordance
with quality, cost, delivery and service specifications and expectations. Duties and responsibilities include creating and improving programming for new products, as well
as the continuous improvement of current products.
Status: Full-time salary
Supervisor: Department Manager
7761 West Kellogg Drive
Wichita, Kansas 67209
Work Schedule: Production Schedule per Employment Manual
Holidays Observed: Per Employment Manual
Pay: Per Wage Scale
Benefits: Per Employment Manual
1. Abide by the Quality Management System.
2. Understand that Customer satisfaction is our first priority, and the importance of compliance to statutory and regulatory requirements.
3. Protect the Company's assets, reputation, goodwill, and stature in the marketplace at all costs.
Travel: This Position requires little to no travel.
Essential Functions: This position will perform the below listed duties consistently, accurately, timely, safely,and at the lowest feasible cost:
1. Maintain the Quality Management System
2. Make it understood by all Team Members that Customer satisfaction is our first priority, and the importance of compliance to statutory and regulatory requirements
3. Protect the Company's assets, reputation, goodwill, and stature in the marketplace at al costs
4. Design and create software programs using various computer languages (such as PLC, Ladder Logic, C++, and Python) to enhance our new and current products
5. Design and create software programs, which will solve problems for our Customers
6. Integrate systems and software to enhance operation of XLT product
7. Analyze algorithms, modify source-code, debug, and maintain operating systems
8. Use coding skills to solve problems
9. Update and expand existing programs
10. Practice 5S
11. Perform any and all other duties as assigned by the President
Advanced Computer, E-Mail, and Web skills are required. Most of the documentation and training is done through the use of computers.
Advanced understanding and use of various computer languages, such as PLC, Ladder Logic, C++, and/or Python
Advanced, proficient computer skills required are Microsoft Office
Licenses Required: Driver’s License
Travel Documents: None
Requires five (5) years experience in computer programming using computer languages, such as PLC, Ladder Logic, C++, and/or Python, or other related languages; Strong
experience in problem solving through programming; Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel; Skill in organizing resources and establishing
priorities; Excellent verbal and written communications skills; and ability to learn and support new systems and applications
Training Required: Per Training Matrix
Prefer a Bachelor's Degree in IT/Computer Science and/or business from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience, and must be knowledgeable of all
products and services offered by the Company
1. Must be able to stand, walk, and use hands for up to 10 hours per day.
2. Must be able to sit at a desk and use a keyboard and mouse for up to 10 hours per day.
3. Must be able to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl for 3 hours per day.
4. Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
5. Must have good close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
1. Must be able to count, add, subtract, multiply and divide.
2. Must be able to read, speak, and write English.
3. While talking to others, convey information effectively.
4. Must be able to judge distances, shapes, and fits.
1. Excellent listening skills – give full attention to what other people are saying
2. Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
3. Leadership and motivational skills
4. Interpersonal skills
5. Good written and verbal communication skills
6. Decision-making and analytical skills
7. Ability to work under pressure individually and as part of a team
8. Able to plan and prioritize his/her own work
9. Must have attention to detail
10. Must have mechanical aptitude
11. Must be able to use common power and hand tools
12. Must know threaded fasteners
Part time exposure to mechanical moving parts, explosives and combustibles, electrical shock, vibration, and fumes or airborne particles, loud noises, and ultraviolet light. Also part time exposure to a typical office environment.
How To Apply:
Go to www.xltovens.com to apply. You must submit an application, but may also attach a resume.