The Bookkeeper will administer all Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable processes. A/R duties include invoicing, receiving payments and posting amounts to customer's account. A/P duties include processing A/P invoices and payments, working statements, filing, W-9 follow up, vendor maintenance, 1099s, and answering vendor calls. Assist in audits, ad hoc reporting, and special projects.
Essential Functions: This position will perform the below listed duties consistently, accurately, timely, safely, and at the lowest feasible cost:
1. Maintain records and data regarding A/P and A/R processes and transactions
2. Receive payment and posting amount to customer's account
3. Administer processes related to late payments from customers and keeping records of collection and status of accounts
4. Follow up on orders to ensure materials are shipped and delivered on promised dates
5. Process A/P invoices and payments
6. Performs any and all other duties as assigned by the President
1. Excellent listening skills – give full attention to what other people are saying
2. Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
3. Leadership and motivational skills
4. Interpersonal skills
5. Good written and verbal communication skills
6. Decision-making and analytical skills
7. Ability to work under pressure individually and as part of a team
8. Able to plan and prioritize his/her own work
9. Must have strong attention to detail
Computer Skills: Basic computer, E-Mail, and web skills are required. Most of the documentation and training is done through the use of computers. Advanced computer skills required are, Microsoft Office Suite and Sage 50.
Experience Required: Prior bookkeeping or equivalent experience is required, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
***Willing to consider an entry level accountant for this position as well***