Adjunct - Welding Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Location: Rapid City, SD
Job Type: Part-Time
Job Number: 00008
Western Dakota Tech is accepting applications for a Welding Adjunct instructor for the 2019 Fall Semester. If interested, please complete an application, attach your resume and submit any transcripts, licenses or certificates.
Adjuncts are paid dependent on their educational degree. Pay is as follows:
*All degrees must be awarded by an accredited institution Position Essential Duties:
- AAS/Certifications/6000 hours experience - $700 per workload credit hour
- BA/BS or lower - $700 per workload credit hour
- MA/MS - $800 per workload credit hour
- Doctorate - $1,000 per workload credit hour
Adjunct instructors at Western Dakota Tech are educators whose instructional efforts are expected to reflect the mission, vision, and goals of the institution. Adjunct faculty teach courses in their respective fields to include planning, preparation and delivery of lecture/lab instruction materials at all levels of training. Clinicals/lab are opportunities for students to meet course objectives and must be provided by faculty, as appropriate within the curriculum. Qualifications:
- Minimum of an AAS/certification/6000 hours experience. Education must be from an accredited university or college in the appropriate field or discipline area of instruction and a minimum of one year of directly related experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- An equivalent combination of education, certification, training and/or experience necessary to successfully perform the essential functions of the work and discipline area.
GMAW/SMAW/OxyFuel Cutting/ Air Carbon-Arc-Cutting
Proficient in skills as they relate to the program`s operations.
Work well under pressure.
Take the initiative.
Maintain fundamentals of classroom management.
Adhere to WDT policies and procedures.
Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in all group sizes.
Demonstrated ability in oral and written communication skills.
Demonstrated expertise in project management and problem-solving.
Give an example of a specific problem you have solved and the process you used to solve it.
What do you consider to be the five most critical attributes of a successful educator?
How do you plan to teach/engage diverse traditional and non-traditional students?
How to Apply:
Thank you for your interest in working at Western Dakota Tech. You will join more than 80 faculty and staff who are dedicated to training the region’s workforce. Every position at WDT is important, and you will know you are doing something worthwhile.
Plus, you will live in Rapid City at the foot of the Black Hills, the most beautiful and activity-rich region in South Dakota. Combine the two-an important position and a great place to live-and you have the recipe for an unsurpassed quality of life.
Click here to apply on-line
Western Dakota Tech
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. MUST COMPLY WITH THE IMMIGRATION REFORM AND CONTROL ACT OF 1986