See all jobs in Fayetteville AR
Job Location: Fayetteville, AR
Job Type: Full Time
Monday - Friday Days
Job Posting: Behavioral Health Professional - Eureka Springs & Harrison, AR
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Washington Regional Medical System - Northwest Arkansas
Department: Practice Transformation
Shift: Monday - Friday Days
Job Number: JO-1904-37745
Date Posted: 4/8/2019
Categories: Licensed Professional
- This individual must have highly developed interpersonal skills including motivational interviewing techniques to effectively interact and motivate change behavior with patients and their families.
- Possess strong reasoning, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work in a high volume healthcare clinic environment with minimal supervision on-site.
- Ability to work within an interdisciplinary team and with multiple teams across WRMS clinics.
- Provide patient/caregiver education via telephone or in person and take initiative in finding solutions to difficult and/or sensitive problems.
- Ability to help develop care plans in collaboration with clinic providers and implement pathways and protocols for treatment of select mental and behavioral conditions.
- This position partners with clinic team members to ensure case management services are provided to our patients with complex medical and/or psychosocial problems.
- Keeping our community resource book current so that it meets both the physical and mental health needs of our patients.
- Working with the primary care team to treat and manage patients with chronic emotional and/or health problems efficiently and effectively.
- Work with healthcare provider in providing referrals to mental health specialists when needed.
- Assist in the detection of at risk patients and develop plans to prevent further psychological or physical deterioration.
- Monitor our sites behavioral health program, identifying any problems related to patient services and make recommendations for improvement.
- Participate in clinic and central team meetings, webinars, and program conferences; engage in quality improvement measures.
- Teaching patients, families and care team staff prevention and treatment enhancement techniques.
- Formulating a variety of protocols and measures to ensure proper follow up techniques to treatment response and compliance with care plan are being meet, etc.
- The position has limited exposure to communicable disease and body fluids. Incumbent spends majority of time sitting (up to 60% of work time), with frequent walking of short distances (up to 20% of work time).
LCSW, clinical psychologist (Ph.D. or Psy.D.), LPC, or psychiatric APRN
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL AND SKILL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
Graduate of an accredited social work, professional counseling, nursing, or psychology program with valid Arkansas LCSW, clinical psychologist (Ph.D. or Psy.D.), LPC, or psychiatric APRN license (terminal) required. Knowledge of social work standards of practice and ethics. Experience and knowledge of medical social work practice and community resources. Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work within the team concept. Possesses understanding and ability to fulfill role of social worker in a primary care clinic setting. Able to perform above duties in crisis situations.
How To Apply: