See all jobs in Troutville VA
Please send resume and wage history to:
Job Location: Troutville, Virginia
Title: Manufacturing Technician-Welder VTCT
Status: Full Time
Salary: 55k – 65k DOE
Accountability: Reports to the Plant Superintendent /Manufacturing/Focus Manager or Designee.
Summary: This position is responsible for support and assistance to shop personnel including hands on production activities, training, and technical support within the manufacturing areas. This individual must excel in the timely resolution of technical problems, troubleshooting and failure analysis so as not to interfere with the production schedule within the department. Other duties include but are not limited to design reviews, process audits and review, development of tooling and fixtures, resolution of problems and correction of non conformance issues and rework within the department. Coordination of complex, utility, new technology, R&D, and project type jobs
Essential functions include but not limited to:
1. Ability to weld or observe welding techniques for quality and deadline driven results
2. Ability to follow verbal and written instructions and assume personal responsibility for quality of workmanship and safety.
3. Ability to review, read and understand mechanical and electrical blueprints prior to and during the various stages of production as needed as well as training others in these areas.
4. Ability to read a tape measure, micrometer, and other measuring equipment and perform other shop related math and calculations.
5. Reinforce training program by performing skills audits and provide advanced train for SHAPE skills
6. Thorough knowledge of processes and work instructions within the department.
7. Thorough knowledge and ability to use shop equipment, crane, and forklift operation.
8. Knowledge of Company computer systems GULL, Cad view, Word, Excel.
9. Perform stringent quality checks and tests on the product.
10. Conduct drawing reviews with engineering during the concept and design stages to assure that fabrication of designs and required processes are within shop capabilities. Coordinate and follow project type jobs through the various stages of the assembly process. Provide feedback to engineering and management concerning corrections, design enhancements and cost savings.
11. Thorough knowledge of transformer components and accessories.
12. Provide technical and hands on support and assistance to the shop personnel within the manufacturing areas.
13. Solve technical problems as they arise on the floor expediently and with the least possible impact to the production schedule.
14. Ability to understand the basics design and design parameters of transformers.
Physical Requirements include but not limited to:
1. Lifting, carrying, or able to maneuver materials up to 50#.
2. Ability to climb ladders, use stools, walkways, manlifts, and/or other devices to fully inspect large tanks in a timely fashion.
3. Walking, standing, bending, kneeling for long periods of time on concrete floors.
4. Ability to weld or observe welding under a shield throughout the seasons (hot/cold).
1. Two (2) year electrical/mechanical technical degree or equivalency test.
2. Must have Welding experience …. certifications preferred
3. Thorough knowledge of manufacturing techniques and processes or related work experience.
4. Ability and required skill to diagnose and solve problems
To apply for this position: Fill out an “Internal Position Application / Transfer Request form” and get Supervisors approval. Forms are available in Human Resources. Resume must show that past experience correlates with requirements. You may also be required to pass electrical/mechanical and quality aptitude test for position.
Deadline to apply for this position is 5:00 PM 12/5/19
How To Apply:
Virginia Transformer Corp offers a competitive benefits package. If you seek a challenge and opportunity in a fast paced growing company please send resume and wage history to:
Virginia Transformer Corp
220 Glade View Drive NE
Roanoke, Virginia 24012
Virginia Transformer Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Females and Minorities are encouraged to Apply