Summary: This position is responsible for preparation of monthly financial statements, management of the general ledger accounts and subsidiary ledgers, and management of day-to-day accounting functions.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Record and post invoices for accounts receivable, cash receipts, sales commissions, freight.
- Prepare sales commissions by representative.
- Record and prepare payroll summaries, payroll taxes and other payroll withholdings. Prepare and file all payroll tax forms and deposits of taxes.
- Prepare journal entries for monthly closings.
- Reconcile general ledger balances and subsidiary balances.
- Prepare monthly insurance billing and other benefit schedules.
- Manage petty cash account.
- Prepare salaried payrolls (biweekly).
- Prepare monthly financial reports.
- Satisfy all work performance requirements as determined by supervisor, as well as all attendance guidelines as established by the April 1991 Employee Handbook.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Associate's degree required Bachelor's degree in Accounting Preferred.
- Three (3) to Five (5) years experience in accounting functions preferred.
- PC experience.
1. Accounting experience with a Manufacturing Company or Public Accounting preferred
Office Hourly $16 to $20/hr. DOE
Note: VTC management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties/specifications of this position at any time.
How To Apply:
Virginia Transformer Corp offers a competitive benefits package. If you seek a challenge and opportunity in a fast paced growing company please send resume and wage history to:
Virginia Transformer Corp
220 Glade View Drive NE
Roanoke, Virginia 24012
Virginia Transformer Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Females and Minorities are encouraged to Apply