Georgia/Virginia Transformer Corp.
Mechanical Development Engineer
Virginia Transformer Corp is a leading engineering organization manufacturing transformer. The transformer designs are technologically advanced to serve the electricity grid of North America.
Department: Development Engineering Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt Reports To: Development Engineering Supervisor
Amount of Travel Required: up to 10% Positions Supervised: None
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
The Development Engineer applies state-of-the-art design methods, calculations and prudent engineering practices in order to efficiently develop initiatives related to product change and/or new products. The role engages in product and process improvement projects, works with global colleagues to define and implement best design practices and common tools, and works closely with team members ensuring that all algorithms and test data are thoroughly documented.
• Ensure industry standards governing the design and manufacture of various types of transformers.
• Confer with sales, manufacturing, and other engineering personnel to clarify information or resolve problems.
• Determines nature of technical problems and viable solutions
o i.e. product redesign, substitution of material or parts, or rearrangement of parts or subassemblies
• Cost reduction & design/efficiency improvement proposals
• Consult with engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software, develop specifications and
• Test specifications, procedures and objectives.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Education: MS degree in Mechanical Engineering
o Preferred: PhD in Mechanical Engineering
Skills & Abilities
• Highly analytical & Advanced engineering skills.
• Computer Skills, MS Office, AutoCAD and other design software.
• 24/7 flexibility on personal side to be able to work the hours necessary to support the growth rate
• Willing to make service commitment with the company to have a long-term career
• Effective leadership skills, ability to direct the work of others if/when needed.
To apply for this position: Virginia Transformer Corp offers a competitive benefits package. If you seek a challenge and opportunity in a fast-paced growing company, please send resume and salary history to:
e-mail: THIS EMAIL
LEARN, GROW & EARN WITH US
Location: Roanoke, VA
Compensation: Pay range $65k to $100k based on qualification and experience with relevance to assignment.
How To Apply:
Virginia Transformer Corp offers a competitive benefits package. If you seek a challenge and opportunity in a fast paced growing company please send resume and wage history to:
Virginia Transformer Corp
Attn: Mudassar Mohsin, Human Resources
220 Glade View Drive NE
Roanoke, Virginia 24012
Virginia Transformer Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Females and Minorities are encouraged to Apply