Virginia Transformer Corp
Department: Operations Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt Reports To: Plant Manager
Amount of Travel Required: 5-15% Positions Supervised: None
Design, develop, test, and evaluate integrated systems for managing industrial production processes including human work factors, quality control, inventory control, logistics and material flow, cost analysis, and production coordination.
1. Analyze statistical data and product specifications to determine standards and establish quality and reliability objectives of finished product.
2. Develop manufacturing methods, labor utilization standards, and cost analysis systems to promote efficient staff and facility utilization.
3. Recommend methods for improving utilization of personnel, material, and utilities.
4. Plan and establish sequence of operations to fabricate and assemble parts or products and to promote efficient utilization.
5. Apply statistical methods and perform mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, staff requirements, and production standards.
6. Coordinate quality control objectives and activities to resolve production problems, maximize product reliability, and minimize cost.
7. Confer with vendors, staff, and management personnel regarding purchases, procedures, product specifications, manufacturing capabilities, and project status.
8. Draft and design layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to illustrate maximum efficiency using drafting tools and computer.
9. Review production schedules, engineering specifications, orders, and related information to obtain knowledge of manufacturing methods, procedures, and activities.
10. Communicate with management and user personnel to ensure production and design standards.
11. Record or oversee recording of information to ensure currency of engineering drawings and documentation of production problems.
12. Study operations sequence, material flow, functional statements, organization charts, and project information to determine worker functions and responsibilities.
13. Implement methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material and defective or damaged parts, and assess cost and responsibility.
14. Evaluate precision and accuracy of production and testing equipment and engineering drawings to formulate corrective action plan.
15. Regulate and alter workflow schedules according to established manufacturing sequences and lead times to expedite production operations.
1. Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
2. Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
3. Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
4. Communication - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken and written word.
5. Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
6. Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
7. Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
8. Self Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of ones ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
Bachelor's Degree (four year college or university)
Two to four years related experience
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Physical Abilities Lift /Carry
Stand F (Frequently) 21-50 lbs O (Occasionally)
Walk F (Frequently)
Sit F (Frequently)
Handling / Fingering F (Frequently)
Climb O (Occasionally)
Push / Pull
26-40 lbs O (Occasionally)
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth Perception)
Sense of Sound (Conversational)
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Safety glasses, ear plugs, safety shoes)
Office and plant environment where one may be exposed to loud noise, temperature extremes, dust, welding and paint fumes.
How To Apply:
Virginia Transformer Corp offers a competitive benefits package. If you seek a challenge and opportunity in a fast paced growing company please send resume and wage history to:
Virginia Transformer Corp
220 Glade View Drive NE
Roanoke, Virginia 24012
Virginia Transformer Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Females and Minorities are encouraged to Apply