Summary: The Manufacturing Superintendent is a high level Supervisory position with responsibilities for multiple operational departments. The Manufacturing Superintendent has an advanced comprehension of management theories and principles and at least 10 years of experience implementing and practicing those tools while leading and directing successfully and efficiently in a manufacturing environment. He/She must possess the ability to manage multi-tasks or processes and have an understanding & use of strong motivational and influencing techniques. Under the direction of the Plant Manager, the Superintendent will drive productivity, quality and efficiency standards of performance within the departments with direct accountability for final results. In addition, the Manufacturing Superintendent will be challenged with the identification of and implementation of continuous improvement measures to insure the organization’s efforts to continuously exceed customer expectations. The selected individual must also be able to effectively communicate and collaborate with members of support departments from all areas of the business, exercising diplomacy mannerisms.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Tracking budget/expenditures within departments assigned.
- Tracking and meeting budget plan estimates of overtime.
- Monitored and continuous improving production ratios.
- Monitored and continuous improving sought for ReadyToShip objectives.
- Insure that all ISO policies and procedures are applied, maintained, and being adhered to, plus additional policies are written to cover new practices.
- Maintain rework records that contain: what happened, cost of materials, loss of labor, effect to schedule, and corrective actions taken to eliminate root cause.
- Review departmental safety records and insure supervisors completed accidents reports within 12 hours of accidents and submit to Safety Coordinator. Review all accidents with supervisors and implement corrective actions for future improvements.
- Insure each Supervisor is maintaining current attendance records in areas and discipline is enforced consistently and fairly in all departments.
- Insure all reviews are done on a timely basis, that they meet their required timeline and that all SHAPE increases are warranted based upon productivity and knowledge.
- Implement a program where all personnel within departments are cross trained to create a more talented workforce & minimize downtime due to absences, vacation, etc.
- Identify training skills are established in each department for the purpose of training and auditing of employee skill levels to aid in job performance and productivity improvements.
- Allocate personnel as necessary between various departments in order to efficiently utilize to best meet production needs.
- Directly responsible for Employee Retention of personnel within assigned departments by insuring the Supervisors are employing best practices in regard to their team members.
- Conduct departmental meetings to share information, improvements and discuss issues/resolutions.
- Other duties as assigned by the Plant Manager & General Manager.
A Bachelor’s Degree with 10 plus years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in a low volume, custom build atmosphere with some knowledge of the power industry.
How To Apply:
Virginia Transformer Corp offers a competitive benefits package. If you seek a challenge and opportunity in a fast paced growing company please send resume and wage history to:
Virginia Transformer Corp
Attn: Mudassar Mohsin, Human Resources
220 Glade View Drive NE
Roanoke, Virginia 24012
Virginia Transformer Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Females and Minorities are encouraged to Apply