Virginia Transformer Corp
Department: Operations Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt Reports To: Production Manager
Amount of Travel Required: None Positions Supervised: None
Coordinate and expedite the flow of work and materials within or between departments of an establishment according to production schedule. Duties include reviewing and distributing production, work, and shipment schedules; conferring with department supervisors to determine progress of work and completion dates; and compiling reports on progress of work, inventory levels, costs, and production problems.
1. Review documents such as production schedules, work orders, and staffing tables to determine personnel and materials requirements, and material priorities.
2. Confer with department supervisors and other personnel to assess progress and discuss needed changes.
3. Revise production schedules when required due to design changes, labor or material shortages, backlogs, or other interruptions, collaborating with management, marketing, sales, production, and engineering.
4. Confer with establishment personnel, vendors, and customers to coordinate production and shipping activities, and to resolve complaints or eliminate delays.
5. Record production data, including volume produced, consumption of raw materials, and quality control measures.
6. Requisition and maintain inventories of materials and supplies necessary to meet production demands.
7. Calculate figures such as required amounts of labor and materials, manufacturing costs, and wages, using pricing schedules, adding machines, calculators, or computers.
8. Distribute production schedules and work orders to departments.
9. Compile information, such as production rates and progress, materials inventories, materials used, and customer information, so that status reports can be completed.
10. Arrange for delivery, assembly, and distribution of supplies and parts in order to expedite flow of materials and meet production schedules.
11. Plan production commitments and timetables for business units, specific programs, and/or jobs, using sales forecasts.
12. Provide documentation and information to account for delays, difficulties, and changes to cost estimates.
1. Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
2. Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
3. Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
4. Communication - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken and written word.
5. Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
6. Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
7. Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
8. Self Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of ones ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
Associate's Degree (two year college or technical school)
Two to four years related experience
SKILLS & ABILITIES
MS Office, ERP
Physical Abilities Lift /Carry
Stand F (Frequently) 21-50 lbs O (Occasionally)
Walk F (Frequently)
Sit F (Frequently)
Handling / Fingering F (Frequently)
Push / Pull
26-40 lbs O (Occasionally)
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth Perception)
Sense of Sound (Conversational)
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Safety glasses, ear plugs, safety shoes)
Office and plant environment where one may be exposed to loud noise, temperature extremes, dust, welding and paint fumes.
How To Apply:
Virginia Transformer Corp offers a competitive benefits package. If you seek a challenge and opportunity in a fast paced growing company please send resume and wage history to:
Virginia Transformer Corp
Attn: Mudassar Mohsin, Human Resources
220 Glade View Drive NE
Roanoke, Virginia 24012
Virginia Transformer Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Females and Minorities are encouraged to Apply