See all jobs in Roanoke VA
Please send resume and wage history to:
Job Location: Roanoke, Virginia
Responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Employee orientation, induction, and training logistics and recordkeeping.
- Assisting with employee relations.
- Company employee communication.
- Benefits administration and recordkeeping.
- Oversee benefits renewal and open enrollment each year
- Serve as Plan Administrator on benefit plans / main point of contact to the Benefits Broker for major problems or changes in benefits
- Insure daily administration of benefit plans
- Research compensation trends/market standard; compile reports on annual basis
- Employee safety, welfare, wellness, health reporting and employee services.
- Visa/immigration documentation
- Maintaining employee files and the HR filing system.
- Assisting with the day-to-day efficient operation of the HR office.
- Personnel events
- Assist supervisors and management with disciplinary issues, FMLA issues, and other personnel issues.
- Manage employee manual and policies to be current with regulations and relevant to business and employees.
- Manage compliance with HR laws such as FMLA, FLSA, AAP/EEO, COBRA, HIPPA, etc.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, or Organizational Development or similar program.
- 5+ years experience in a human resource or management in the USA.
- Must exhibit high level of initiative and work well in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Technical competence (understand software, hardware, networks, etc).
- Must have strong communications skills and organizational skills.
- Plans and carries out responsibilities with minimal direction.
- Candidate must have legal authority to permanently work in the U.S. without requiring visa sponsorship to continue employment with the company.
- PHR, SPHR, or GPHR certification
- Knowledge of federal and state employment and benefit laws.
- Knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines.
- Experience in manufacturing a plus.
How To Apply:
Virginia Transformer Corp offers a competitive benefits package. If you seek a challenge and opportunity in a fast paced growing company please send resume and wage history to:
Virginia Transformer Corp
Attn: Mudassar Mohsin, Human Resources
220 Glade View Drive NE
Roanoke, Virginia 24012
Virginia Transformer Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Females and Minorities are encouraged to Apply