Position Title: Accounting Manager
Salary Range for Position: __$90k – 120k, DOE
Virginia Transformer, the leading company in the Electrical Power Transformer industry is experiencing rapid growth. We are known for our capability to build world class, highly engineered products to meet our customer needs.
We are looking for experienced Accounting Manager to join our exciting and growing team of professional employees. The Accounting Manager will report to and work closely with Corporate Controller. The Accounting Manager will manage a set of accounting activities to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, corporate policies and internal controls. This position will manage the accounts payable function, payroll function, monthly closing of accounts and preparation of reports in support of the financial statements.
The ideal candidate should possess leadership capabilities, solid operational and technical accounting background, verbal and written communication skills and works proactively to drive results. This person is a self-starter, flexible, has a high level of integrity and is action and goal-oriented in a fast-paced, team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Manage the monthly financial close process, including ensuring all costs incurred are properly recorded, reviewing journal entries, account balance reconciliations and report preparation
- Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies and procedures and operational strategies including the review and implementation of process and system changes.
- Continued focus on improving system efficiencies and business practices
- Collaborate with external auditors to ensure successful audit results and compliance
- Interacts at all levels and with budget owners or other stakeholders to produce timely, efficient and accurate month-end close and all internal management and financial reporting through annual report
- Responsible for hierarchy and scalability in chart of accounts and accuracy in the general ledger and financial statements and has ultimate authority over classification and booking of all transactions
- Analyze the effect of statutory accounting practices and studies regulations and guidance to ensure correct application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Make recommendations for changes as needed and ensure that company policies and procedures are followed and establishes the proper techniques to discover and prevent fraud
- Assist with compilation of information for preparation of tax returns
- Actively review and advise on financial/accounting processes
- Manage Accounts Payable, Payroll, Job costing functions
- Ensure compliance of local taxes
Accounting Manager skills & proficiencies:
- CPA and/or MBA desired
- At least 5 years of experience as a managerial role
- Manufacturing industry experience is plus
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Skill
How to Apply: Send resume to THIS EMAIL
How To Apply:
Virginia Transformer Corp offers a competitive benefits package. If you seek a challenge and opportunity in a fast paced growing company please send resume and wage history to:
Virginia Transformer Corp
220 Glade View Drive NE
Roanoke, Virginia 24012
Virginia Transformer Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Females and Minorities are encouraged to Apply