Georgia Transformer Corporation
Financial Analyst - Job # 2233
Department: Accounts & Finance Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt Reports To: Controller
Amount of Travel Required: Negligible Positions Supervised: Accounting Supervisor
The Financial Analyst is responsible for various financial analysis, general ledger accounting, and reporting functions related to transformer manufacturing facility. Will provide Executive team and Controller insight into financial trends and report on operating performance while assisting in preparation of internal and external monthly financial reports, annual operating plan, and rolling forecasts. This position will develop and maintain financial models and play an active role in the organization by offering financial advisory services based on current and potential business transactions. This position also plays a key role in assisting in both internal and external audits. This role has high visibility from both the executive team and the operations team.
1. Assist in analyzing and interpreting operating results as they affect the financial position of the Company.
2. Perform detailed analysis of actual cost, comparison with bid and design, analysis of trends and investigate opportunities for cost savings; present analysis to Executive Management.
3. Responsible to lead cross functional teams on key projects for VTC-GTC Corporation.
4. Develop, maintain, and support operating budgets and investigate variances to budget and prior month/quarter/year results.
5. Assists in coordination, preparation and analysis of the annual plan, strategies and rolling forecasts.
6. Participates in the revision and development of new accounting policies and procedures.
7. Perform month/quarter/year close functions, including maintenance of the general ledger(s) and perform assigned reconciliations.
8. Collaborating with various departments to establish budget and forecast
9. Assist leadership team with the refinement, implementation and execution of manufacturing finance activities and strategies.
10.Responsible for contributing to the facility’s Profit & Loss (P&L) statement, balance sheet activities, and cash-flow strategies by supporting inventory management and controllership (e.g. PI, Revels, standards, variance explanations, deviation) duties, product fulfilment, financial reporting (e.g. weekly reviews, month-end closing, quarterly and year-end reporting, impairment assessments).
11.Conducts financial modelling to analyze and determine the financial impact of recommended action plans. Highlights issues and may recommend alternative courses of action based on results of the analysis.
12.Prepares accurate and timely financial reports of the facility to support company reporting cycles. Supports forecasting and budget development processes. Consolidates, reconciles, validates and obtains clarification of financial information from multiple sources to develop forecasts and budgets.
13.Prepares or assists in the preparation of business unit or departmental budgets. Maintains a library of financial reports, backup data and documentation.
14.Provide effective counsel and analysis to assist the Company in meeting the established financial and profit objectives
15.Analyze sales, financial, costing and operational data and extract and define relevant information ("what" factor)
16.Interpret data for the purpose of determining the root causes of past sales, financial, costing and operational performance ("why" factor)
17.Provide cost and general ledger accounting support during the month end close process including: operational management reporting, journal entries, account analysis and reconciliation, and actual vs. budget analysis.
18.Accurate and timely analysis of Inventory, AR, Reserves, Revenue, Margins, Absorption Rates, Bookings and Backlog
19.Communicate with marketing, engineering, supply chain, manufacturing, quality and sales to build robust business case assumptions
20.Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and generally accepted accounting practices for all filings and payments.
21.Maintain capitalized variances and amortization rollout.
22.Maintain and monitor capital spending, project revenue status and shipments.
23.Performs miscellaneous financial analysis/special projects as needed
24.Prepared in-depth financial analysis reports on expenditures, funding and trend.
25.Other duties as assigned by Accounting Supervisor.
1. Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
2. Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
3. Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
4. Communication - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken and written word.
5. Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
6. Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
7. Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
8. Self-Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of ones ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
Bachelor's Degree (four years college or university), preferably in business or accounting.
- 7+ Years of related experience
- Preferred: C.F.A. or post-graduate study toward C.F.A.
- Possess strong leadership abilities, demonstrated in a growing organization.
- Hands on manager, comfortable spending time on the shop floor to resolve production/ quality issues.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced and demanding environment.
- Capable of identifying and resolving day-to-day business issues.
- Excellent communication skills; written, verbal and presentation.
- Excellent organizational skills; documentation.
- Knowledge of international quality system standards.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
MS Office, accounting software
Physical Abilities Lift /Carry
Walk O (Occasionally) 21-50 lbs O (Occasionally)
Sit C (Constantly)
Handling / Fingering C (Constantly)
Reach Outward O (Occasionally)
Reach Above Shoulder O (Occasionally)
Push / Pull
26-40 lbs O (Occasionally)
Other Physical Requirements
Vision Near, Color, Peripheral, Depth Perception)
Sense of Sound (Conversational)
Sense of Touch
Compensation: For those who pride themselves in their work and desire to be part of a growing dynamic company the salary will be commensurate to position and qualification ranging $75000/yr. to $100,000+/yr.
By sending your resume to email below
NOTE: Don’t forget to mention job # is subject line when applying.
Georgia Transformer Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply
How To Apply:
Virginia Transformer Corp offers a competitive benefits package. If you seek a challenge and opportunity in a fast paced growing company please send resume and wage history to:
Virginia Transformer Corp
220 Glade View Drive NE
Roanoke, Virginia 24012
Virginia Transformer Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Females and Minorities are encouraged to Apply