Final Assembly Supervisor
Virginia Transformer Corp.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervise workgroups: Final dress out, Mock up, Control, and Painting.
- Define daily schedule in concert with master schedule.
- Facilitate pass-down sheets by group for off-shift associates or group leaders.
- Work with Production Manager and Assembly Supervisor to meet schedule dates.
- Recommend overtime when necessary to meet schedule demands.
- Monitor employee efficiency.
- Ensure adherence to manufacturing methods (checklists).
- Handle distribution of documents into work area and distribution of records out of work area.
- Ensure required equipment in area is maintained and calibrated if necessary.
- Oversee training programs on manufacturing methods and skill sets.
- Participate in root cause analysis meetings regarding non-conformances.
- Coordinate disciplinary issues via manager in accordance with company policies.
- Participate in personnel performance appraisals.
- Uphold company policies.
- Ensure clean facilities and equipment within work area.
Skills & Attributes:
- Customer Focus – Act with a customer / supplier outlook, demand the best quality of your internal supplier and provide only best quality to your customers whether internal or external.
- Teamwork – Able to work effectively in a team environment in order to achieve a common goal
- Time Management - Manage one's own time to meet deadlines with efficiencies
- Critical Thinking - Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Detail Oriented – Able to recognize and follow through with important detail in work assignments
- Writing - Communicate effectively in writing.
- Mathematics - Use mathematics to solve problems and prepare requested reports
- Information ordering – Able to arrange things or actions in the most efficient order
Required Skills & Experience:
§ Bachelor’s degree in business administration, industrial management or other relevant discipline.
§ 5+ years’ experience in production supervision in transformer production or other power generation manufacturing environment.
§ Associate degree in business administration, industrial management or other relevant discipline.
§ 5+ years’ experience in production supervision in a heavy manufacturing environment.
§ A combination of relevant experience and education would be considered.
Accountability: Reports to Plant Superintendent or Manufacturing Manager
Attractive compensation package of salary and benefits will be offered to qualified candidates. Please forward resume and cover letter with salary history and details of your experience and type of business to:
THIS EMAIL , FAX 208-238-1678, or send cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources Department
Virginia Transformer Corp.
3770 Pole Line Road
Pocatello, Idaho 83201
Equal Opportunity Employer
Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply
How To Apply:
Virginia Transformer Corp offers a competitive benefits package. If you seek a challenge and opportunity in a fast paced growing company please send resume and wage history to:
Virginia Transformer Corp
220 Glade View Drive NE
Roanoke, Virginia 24012
Virginia Transformer Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Females and Minorities are encouraged to Apply