Electrical Design Engineer
Performs electrical design of power /distribution transformers, analyses parts, components, assemblies, subassemblies and systems relating to power transformers, and the production of associated drawings and instructions.
Perform various engineering duties requiring the exercise of judgment and application of standard engineering principles and practices. Pursue initiatives to improve effectiveness of the group and increase customer satisfaction
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Perform various engineering tasks involving such functions as analysis, design, development, test, installation and service, while working from instructions, drawings, proposals, specifications, and other pertinent information
• Prepare designs and related documents in accordance with requirements, established formats and general instructions. Review and analyze a variety of engineering data, documents and reports
• Consult with other engineering groups, Marketing, Manufacturing, and other groups to ensure that specified engineering criteria are suitable for the proposed application, and recommend revisions, as appropriate
• Plan, conduct or coordinate relatively straight-forward engineering analyses and tests, and prepare related reports and summaries, for review
• Participate in the investigation of technical problems and the establishment of procedures and corrective actions to avoid recurrences
Requirements for the position:
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering (e.g. BSEE), especially with an emphasis on Power.
• Extensive experience working with transformer systems or related technologies (e.g. electromagnetics, induction systems, etc.).
• Recent experience with the design of customized transformers – development of Medium Power Transformers and/or Distribution Transformers in a factory environment.
• Knowledge and professional experience with Transformer Protection, Transformer control cabinet design / systems layout, Transformer diagnostics, and/or Transformer Testing (especially in a factory environment).
• Strong aptitude with using basic computer applications (e.g. MS-Office).
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
How To Apply:
Virginia Transformer Corp offers a competitive benefits package. If you seek a challenge and opportunity in a fast paced growing company please send resume and wage history to:
Virginia Transformer Corp
220 Glade View Drive NE
Roanoke, Virginia 24012
Virginia Transformer Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Females and Minorities are encouraged to Apply