Virginia Transformer Corp
Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
Department: Technical Job Status: Full Time
FSLA Status: Exempt Reports To: Technical/Mfg Manager
Amount of Travel Required: Small % Positions Supervised: None
Job Location :- Pocatello, Idaho
As a Senior Manufacturing Engineer, you will optimize the manufacturing processes for our custom manufactured transformers. You will utilize your Electrical Engineering experience and work cross functionally with Engineering Design to assess product features for manufacturability, and recommend processes along with implementing manufacturing techniques as needed.
- Ensure customer requirements are reflected in the design of transformers.
Do pre design (sheet #105) review as well as “shop reviews” for checking manufacturability and reduce design errors.
- Assist with design for manufacturability standards
- Follow new part introductions
- Present findings or improvements in a professional way to management
- Follow factory processes for conformance to quality and standardize them between locations
- Assist factory personnel and facilitator with correcting production problems
- Aid waste and defect reduction efforts at all production locations
- Observe methods and improves existing processes when possible to obtain required quality and develop and implement “process instruction”
- Provide specialized knowledge and experience that would reduce lead time, improve quality and reliability of product.
1. Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
2. Adaptability – Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
3. Analytical Skills – Ability to use critical thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
4. Communication – Ability to communicate effectively with others, using the spoken and written word.
5. Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conducts conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
6. Interpersonal – Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
7. Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
8. Self Motivated – Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of ones ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
8+ years of direct experience with high volume production
Must have a demonstrated hands-on mechanical ability
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Hand Dexterity F (Frequently)
Reach Outward O (Occasionally)
Reach Above Shoulder O (Occasionally)
Climb Stairs O (Occasionally)
11-20 lbs O (Occasionally)
13-25 lbs O (Occasionally)
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth Perception)
Sense of Sound (Conversational)
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Safety glasses, ear plugs, safety shoes)
How To Apply:
Virginia Transformer Corp offers a competitive benefits package. If you seek a challenge and opportunity in a fast paced growing company please send resume and wage history to:
Virginia Transformer Corp
Attn: Mudassar Mohsin, Human Resources
220 Glade View Drive NE
Roanoke, Virginia 24012
Virginia Transformer Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Females and Minorities are encouraged to Apply