Department: Operations Job Status: Full Time
FSLA Status: Exempt Reports To: Manufacturing Manager
Amount of Travel Required: 5% Positions Supervised: Yes
Work Location: Roanoke, VA
Oversee 2nd shift operation. Responsible for safety, security of facility, productivity, quality, and overall 2nd shift performance.
1. Direct and coordinate production, processing, and shipping activities of the organization.
2. Develop budgets and approve expenditures for supplies, materials, and human resources, ensuring that materials, labor and equipment are used efficiently to meet production targets.
3. Review processing schedules and production orders to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures, and duty assignments, considering budgetary limitations and time constraints.
4. Review operations and confer with technical or administrative staff to resolve production or processing problems.
5. Hire, train, evaluate, and discharge staff, and resolve personnel complaints in keeping with company policy and/or the collective bargaining agreement.
6. Initiate and coordinate inventory and cost control programs.
7. Prepare and maintain production reports and personnel records.
8. Set and monitor product standards, examining samples of raw products or directing testing during processing, to ensure finished products are of prescribed quality.
9. Develop and implement production tracking and quality control systems, analyzing production, quality control, maintenance, and other operational reports, to detect production problems.
10. Coordinate and recommend procedures for facility and equipment maintenance or modification, including the replacement of machines.
11. Maintain current knowledge of the quality control field, relying on current literature pertaining to materials use, technological advances, and statistical studies.
12. Review/evaluate direct reports as required by company policy and work situations.
13. Oversee the administration of the SHAPE program, insuring that skills have been acquired and increases are warranted.
14. Maintain safety within the manufacturing area in accordance with government regulations and company policy.
15. Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor degree in a technical or business discipline. Experience may be substituted for degree
10+ years manufacturing supervision.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
A combination of office and plant environments where one may be exposed to loud noise, temperature extremes, dust, welding and paint fumes.
Deadline to apply for this position is 5:00 PM Wednesday, 1/31/18
Equal Opportunity Employer
Females and minorities encouraged to apply
How To Apply:
Virginia Transformer Corp offers a competitive benefits package. If you seek a challenge and opportunity in a fast paced growing company please send resume and wage history to:
Virginia Transformer Corp
220 Glade View Drive NE
Roanoke, Virginia 24012
Virginia Transformer Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Females and Minorities are encouraged to Apply