Final Assurance Manager
Department: Operations Job Status: Full Time
FSLA Status: Exempt Reports To: VP of Operations
Amount of Travel Required: 10 – 15% Positions Supervised: Yes
The Final Assurance Manager is the point person for assuring the satisfaction of the customer for units from the completion of testing to delivery to the site. Ensuring the coordination and communication internally and externally is effective. A comprehensive customer service position with the success of the position being measured by there being “No defects in the field and no coordination issues with delivery”.
1. Taking part within the closing meeting of all witness testing in order to ensure:
a. Verification of items noted within the specifications are completed.
b. If items are requested outside the specification that require a change notice and price adder: ensuring these items are responded to quickly, communicating the impact on the schedule via working with PMO.
c. Status of the project and shipping expectations.
2. Monitor the NCRs/Field Service Issues on a weekly basis in order to ensure these items do not have an effect on the customer. Focus on the items post test and controls related.
3. Verify the checking/inspections are being completed from the perspective “How do I know it is working based upon how the process checking has been completed”.
4. Attend the weekly shipping meeting:
a. Do the shipping dates make sense from the perspective of where the unit is within the process? If there is a question, review with the General Manager.
b. Coordination perspective: Field Service/Offload/location unit is shipping to/unit shipping dry or oil filled.
5. Post on a weekly basis within final assembly any field service issues from the previous week and have a weekly focus meeting on the previous weeks issues.
6. Taking part in all 3rd party final inspections:
a. Coordination of any 3rd party inspections, including the advance arrangements of CSA/UL/Customer inspections.
b. Ensuring the unit is 100% ready and any items resolved prior to the unit being released for shipment (spare parts are inspected, marked for ease of installation, parts and unit packaged to arrive securely).
c. Unit must arrive in presentable condition at the customer. Cover with tarp, wash before arrival, discuss with PMO and plan.
7. Logistical coordination
i. Final Assembly/Quality Assurance/Fit and Finish/Shipping: All NCRs and hit list cleared.
ii. Shipping/PMO/Field Service: Customer coordination for arrival, Representative and Sales informed, Field Service is planned for the unit.
iii. Unit tracking and progress up to arriving on site: Monitor to ensure the shipping supervisor is tracking on a daily basis, ensuring the shipping report is being completed with intent.
b. Shipping oversight
i. Shipping approvals from PMO
ii. Transportation preplanning
iii. Advanced permitting
iv. Site constraints
v. Unit arrival and ship separate parts
c. Contract fulfillment
i. Are there issues caused by customer that will/are costing VTC, bring to PMO attention.
1. Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
2. Adaptability – Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
3. Analytical Skills – Ability to use critical thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
4. Communication – Ability to communicate effectively with others, using the spoken and written word.
5. Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conducts conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
6. Interpersonal – Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
7. Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
8. Self Motivated – Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of ones ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
A Bachelor of Science in management, mechanical or electrical engineering
Ability to write well, communicate orally and ability to interface well with Administrative personnel, Production Managers, and Customers.
Experience with Microsoft Office software is highly desirable.
In lieu of a degree; a minimum of (5) years experience in a manufacturing setting with quality assurance experience
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Hand Dexterity F (Frequently)
Reach Outward O (Occasionally)
Reach Above Shoulder O (Occasionally)
Climb Stairs O (Occasionally)
11-20 lbs O (Occasionally)
13-25 lbs O (Occasionally)
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth Perception)
Sense of Sound (Conversational)
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Safety glasses, ear plugs, safety shoes)
How To Apply:
Virginia Transformer Corp offers a competitive benefits package. If you seek a challenge and opportunity in a fast paced growing company please send resume and wage history to:
Virginia Transformer Corp
Attn: Mudassar Mohsin, Human Resources
220 Glade View Drive NE
Roanoke, Virginia 24012
Virginia Transformer Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Females and Minorities are encouraged to Apply