See all jobs in Greenville SC
Job Location: Greenville, South Carolina
Job Type: Administrative/Office
Fri 7:30a - 11:30a M-Th 7:30 am - 5:30 pm
• Generally works Monday through Thursday, 7:30 am to 5:30 pm and Friday from 7:30 am to 11:30 am. At times is required to wor
Non-Exempt (Hourly) / Full Time
$13.00 per hour
The Administrative and Receptionist ensures the efficient day-to-day operation of the office and supports the work of management and other administrative staff.
• Vice President
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Through the employee’s own efforts, the employee accomplishes the following essential functions:
1. Represents US&S in a positive, welcoming manner when interacting with clients, vendors and all other internal and external stakeholders.
a. Greets all visitors to the company, determine the nature and purpose of their visit, and direct or escort them to specific destinations.
b. Consistently shows hospitality to our guests, such as by offering coffee, water, etc.
c. Answers phones within two ring cycles, takes messages and direct calls to appropriate parties.
d. Schedules appointments, organizes meetings, and maintains appointment diary and calendars either electronically or manually.
e. Sets up conference rooms for meetings, including ensuring there is water and / or food if appropriate.
f. Maintains the organization and cleanliness of common areas, including the lobby and kitchen.
2. Processes and receives internal and external mail.
a. Maintains and purchases postage for the Pitney Bowes postage meter.
b. Coordinates and processes shipping via USPS, Fedex, and other means.
c. Receives, opens and sorts incoming mail and daily newspapers.
d. Process and/or create merge mailings and mass mailings to employees when necessary (for information distribution, etc.).
3. Ensures there is adequate inventory and stock of various supplies.
a. Implements and maintains a system for ensuring there is an adequate inventor and a system for ordering supplies in an efficient manner. Supplies include but are not limited to the following: Office supplies, Water , Coffee supplies, Cleaning supplies, Copy paper, US&S shirts, hats, and other apparel, Safety vests & hard hats, Bathroom supplies, Ink cartridges for all printers, Toner for Xerox copier/printer
b. Adheres to all purchasing policies and makes cost-effective purchasing decisions.
4. Performs administrative support tasks:
a. Creates and / or revises various forms and reports.
b. Mails out and notates checks to invoices, before filing back up.
c. Files and maintains records.
d. Maintains online and hard copies of Certificates of Insurance for our contractors.
e. Maintains warranty information and other records related to equipment.
f. Files personnel records and other records on an ongoing basis.
g. Coordinates the maintenance and repair of office equipment.
5. Create and distribute the quarterly newsletter, The Universal Times, via print copy and via electronic copy.
6. Perform other job duties as assigned.
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Trains and assists employees with regard to processes such as how to fax, scan, as needed.
2. Ensures seasonal decorations are on display and taken down and stored at appropriate times.
3. Adheres to all policies and procedures, including those prescribed in the US&S Employee Handbook and the US&S, Inc. Safety and Health Program Manual.
4. Maintains confidentiality and does not disclose information learned through the course of the job with people other than those who need to know. For example, personnel files are confidential.
To perform the job successfully, an individual demonstrates the following competencies.
1. Customer Service Orientation: Manages difficult or emotional situations with internal and external stakeholders; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to request for service and assistance. Maintains and communicates a positive “can do” attitude with internal and external stakeholders.
2. Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Uses reason when dealing with emotional topics.
3. Service and Teamwork: Understands the needs and wants of the organization, customers, co-workers and supervisors in order to provide accurate, complete and timely service and to further the mission, values and goals of the organization.
4. Oral & Written Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification. Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
5. Cost Consciousness: Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost-saving measures.
6. Ethics: Treats people with respect: Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
7. Planning / Organization: Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently: Plans for additional resources; Develops realistic action plans.
8. Attendance / Punctuality: Consistently arrives to work on time: Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
9. Dependability: Follows instructions; Responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments.
10. Attention to Detail and Thoroughness. Ability to inspect the quality of work performed and ensure thorough completion. Consistently completes quality work. Thoroughly completes work with little or no supervision. Is present, punctual and committed to doing the best job possible.
11. Initiative: Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and / or ability required.
Minimum Required Education & Experience:
• HS Diploma and 3-6 months related experience.
Preferred Education & Experience:
• 1 year or more of college education or certificate program related to business management, and / or administration.
• Proficient in MS Outlook, MS Windows, MS Excel, MS Word, Adobe
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Language skills: Reads and comprehends simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; Writes simple correspondence; Presents information in one-on-one and small groups situations to customers, clients and other employees.
• Mathematical Skills: Adds, subtracts, multiplies, and divides in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; Computes rate, ration and percent.
GENERAL PHYSICAL REQUIRMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
GENERAL WORKING HOURS:
• Generally works Monday through Thursday, 7:30 am to 5:30 pm and Friday from 7:30 am to 11:30 am. At times is required to work outside of regular hours for networking functions and other work-related activities and functions.
WORKING FROM HOME:
• This job cannot be completed working from home.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and meet minimum state auto insurance requirements.
• Required to travel about 5% of the time to purchase items or go to the bank or post office as needed.
1. The physical activity for the Corporate Administrative Assistant is:
a. Reaching. Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
b. Walking. Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, and has an ability to navigate from one location to another.
c. Lifting. Must raise objects from a lower to a higher position or move objects horizontally from position to-to-position.
d. Feeling. Must be able to perceive attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips. Assesses potential safety threats , such as by exposure to chemicals and heat from malfunctioning equipment.
e. Talking and hearing. Able to express and exchange ideas by means of the spoken word. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make the discrimination in sound.
f. Repetitive motions. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrist, hands, and and/or fingers.
2. Physical requirements for the Corporate Administrative Assistant:
• Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and / or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally.
3. The visual acuity requirements for the Corporate Administrative Assistant (including color, depth perception and field vision).
• Required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work.
4. The Corporate Administrative Assistant will be subject to the following conditions in this position:
• The worker is subject to inside environmental conditions, protected from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
US&S is an Equal Opportunity Employer. US&S, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship or veteran status, handicap or disability or any other protected status.
How To Apply:
US&S, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.