See all jobs in Greenville SC
Job Location: Greenville, South Carolina
Accounting & Finance
Monday-Thursday, 7:30 am – 5:30 pm, Friday 7:30 am to 11:30 am.
Exempt / FullTime / Salaried
$45,000 - $52,000
US&S is an Equal Opportunity Employer. US&S, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship or veteran status, handicap or disability or any other protected status.Y
Under direction, performs a variety of professional level accounting duties involved in preparing, maintaining, analyzing, verifying, and reconciling complex financial transactions, statements, records, and reports; maintains the accuracy of the Company’s ledgers, consolidation and financial systems; assists in the preparation of assigned budgets, annual audit, and year end closing; and provides highly responsible staff assistance to management staff.
• Directly reports to the Corporate Controller.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Perform a variety of professional accounting functions supporting Company-wide operations.
• Close parent company and subsidiary books as directed. Maintain accuracy of ledgers and financial systems.
• Reconcile financial ledgers and records and research and resolve discrepancies.
• Prepare consolidation of wholly owned entities and majority owned subsidiaries.
• Prepare or review bank reconciliations and related journal entries for a variety of accounts.
2. Prepare a variety of financial reports.
• Prepare monthly consolidated financial statements.
• Develop an analysis and reconciliation of key general ledger and subsidiary accounts.
• Performs analysis of financial results as directed by Controller
• Assist in preparation of year end closing and accompanying financial reports including drafting of certain footnotes.
3. Assist in the annual budget preparation.
• Assists operations management in preparation of business unit and subsidiary budgets.
• Assists Corporate management in preparation of annual Corporate budgets.
• Accumulates and consolidates budgets as directed by Controller and SVP operations.
4. Provides teamwork and excellent customer service to all internal and external stakeholders.
• Communicate with co-workers, management, clients and others in a courteous and professional manner.
• Maintains confidentiality with regard to financial reports and employee files.
• Performs the essential duties of other accounting staff as needed and / or in their absence.
5. All other duties assigned.
1. Skilled in US GAAP : Able to interpret and apply GAAP requirements and /or treatment of transactions and reports.
2. Attention to Detail: Follows detailed procedures and ensure accuracy in documentation and data; carefully monitors processes, concentrates on routine work details, organizes and maintains a system of records.
3. Organizational Skills: Able to manage multiple projects; able to determine project urgency in a practical way; uses goals to guide actions; creates detailed action plans; organizes and schedules tasks efficiently.
4. Quantitative & Qualitative analysis: Able to collect data/information, organize it, and apply relevant quantitative and qualitative techniques, develop alternatives, and recommend and support a solution.
5. Customer Service Orientation: Demonstrates concern for satisfying US&S’s external and / or internal customers. Responds appropriately to inquiries. Informs internal and external customers that he/ she is willing to work with them so that their needs are met. Presents a cheerful, positive manner with clients. Maintains and communicates a positive “can do” attitude.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
• Minimum of 1 to 2 years of accounting or auditing experience.
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and familiarization with governmental accounting standards.
• Strong general ledger and journal entry preparation skills
• Advanced Excel software skills
PREFERRED EDUCATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant Designations.
• Experiences managing accounting processes associated with various federal contractors.
WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Type of Work:
• Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and / or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Work involves sitting most the time. Walking and standing are required occasionally. Climbing stairs is required occasionally.
• Talking, hearing, typing
• Close visual acuity including ability to view a computer terminal and read, and prepare and analyze data and figures
• Climate controlled office environment
Driving and Insurance Requirement:
• Reliable transportation
Background Check Results:
• Clean criminal background record
• Good credit report
• Ability to pass pre-employment and ongoing drug and alcohol screening tests
• Authorization to work in the US per E-Verify database
US&S is an Equal Opportunity Employer. US&S, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship or veteran status, handicap or disability or any other protected status.
How To Apply:
US&S, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.