Summary of Primary Functions: To haul concrete to production area in Gar-Bro buckets on flatbed truck and to perform preventive maintenance on the delivery equipment
Machines, Tools, and Equipment Used: Flatbed truck, 2 Gar-Bro buckets, high pressure water hose, power tools, wrenches, various hand tools, hard hat, safety shoes and glasses, gloves, etc
Materials Used: Various concrete mixes, oil, gas, diesel fuel, acids and solvents, tubing, hoses, various machine parts, etc.
Supervision Received: Reports to Batch Plant Supervisor, works with direct supervision
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
All employees are required to follow all Safety and Quality rules and processes to ensure a safe working environment, and the production of high-quality products.
- Check fuel and lubricant levels of flatbed truck
- Perform preventative maintenance checks on truck such as repair/replace hoses, change tires, replace filters, replace parts, etc
- Perform (assists) preventative maintenance on batch plant equipment such as conveyor, mixer, etc. when necessary
- Drive flatbed truck with Gar-Bro buckets to batch plant and maneuver into position under mixer
- Spray Gar-Bro buckets with water (under high pressure) to remove any concrete not entering Gar-Bro buckets as they are being loaded with wet cement
- Receive instructions from mixer operator and drive flatbed truck with Gar-Bro buckets to appropriate bed areas
- Washout Gar-Bro buckets and truck, after each completed pour, with acids and solvents as needed
- Clean up batch areas, Gar-Bro buckets and flatbed truck daily as needed
- Perform miscellaneous duties as directed by Supervisor
May have access to confidential information including: None
Requires ability to make independent decisions including: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram form. Ability to deal with problems in various situations.
Contacts (Internal and External): Daily contact with fellow employees, upper management
Work of Others: Daily check work of others
• Ability to tolerate physical demands and outdoor environment of the position
• Ability to gain specific knowledge of company’s production, yard, and delivery activities
• Desire to build long term relationships
• Exhibition of good communication skills when working with fellow employees
• Ability to complete tasks according to planned schedule
• Willingness to assist others where needed
• The work areas are not climate controlled. Ambient temperatures and humidity will generally be the same as outdoor temperatures. In the summer, temperatures and humidity can be greater than the ambient temperature. In winter, they can be lower.
• Some work will be done in direct sunlight outdoors
• Due to the nature of the operation, the levels of noise, dust and dirt can be very high
Tindall is a zero tolerance drug-free workplace. Applicants must be able to pass pre-employment and regular post-employment, random drug screens.
How to Apply:
There's a Reason People Stay Here.
Pure and simple. Tindall Corporation is a family. We look out for each other. Under the hard hats, dust, and concrete is a big-hearted organization that wants the best for each member, both professionally and personally. When there's a need, we're there with help and support. We celebrate each other's wins. Mourn each other's losses. And have your back with whatever it takes to help you succeed.
Tindall Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EEO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.