Tindall Corporation is currently recruiting for a Human Resources Generalist for our Spartanburg, SC location. This position is a great opportunity an HR professional who is interested in a generalist role, with broad HR responsibilities. Our environment is indoor/outdoor manufacturing, business casual and runs 3 shifts. The ideal candidate takes a Customer Service approach to their role and has a passion for helping others, problem solving and is flexible, responsive and a great team player.
Summary of Primary Functions:
The Human Resources Generalist will be responsible for supporting management and employees in the following functional areas: employee relations, recruiting and staffing, training and development, employment, affirmative action, and benefits management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
All employees are required to follow all Safety and Quality rules and processes to ensure a safe working environment, and the production of high-quality products.
- Assists in recruiting, screening, and interviewing potential candidates to fill exempt and non-exempt, temporary, and internal transfer positions
- Serves as point of contact for routine employee and third-party inquiries
- Interprets and communicates Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards and other government regulations to employees and management in a fair, consistent, and appropriate manner
- Assists in hiring and onboard new employees including processing all hiring-related paperwork
- Monitors HR Processes for effectiveness and make recommendations for streamlining process
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment benefits laws and regulations
- Maintains Huma resource information system records and complies reports from the database
- Assists with other duties as assigned by HR Manager/VP of HR
- Documents and maintains employment records related to events such as hiring, terminations (voluntary and involuntary) leaves of absences, transfers, worker’s comp, or promotions, using human resources management system software while ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements
- Performs benefits administration, including leaves of absences, claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefits information to employees
- Serves as backup for weekly and monthly payroll processes and maintain pay records
- Conducts exit interviews and complete all the necessary employment termination paperwork
- Maintains Cornerstone system and ensures that it is functioning properly and efficiently for employees, managers, and candidates
- Develops, coordinates, and maintains the mid-year performance and compensation tasks through HRIS system
- Assists with training employees and managers with using all functionality of Cornerstone
- Fields all employee questions about HRS and corrects any issues that may arise
- Develops and maintains all of employee job descriptions throughout the organization
- Assists with the execution of employee engagement surveys
- Facilitates or conducts training (including new hire orientation) to employees and management
Job Specifications or Qualifications
Certificates, Licenses, Registration: PHR/ SPHR or related certification is a plus.
Education & Experience: A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, combined with 1 (+) year of HR experience, or An Associate’s Degree and 2(+) years of experience, or 5 years of HR Generalist experience in manufacturing environment will be considered. Five years of Human Resources experience in a manufacturing setting is preferred. Bilingual English/ Spanish is also preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disabled & Vet.
How to Apply:
There's a Reason People Stay Here.
Pure and simple. Tindall Corporation is a family. We look out for each other. Under the hard hats, dust, and concrete is a big-hearted organization that wants the best for each member, both professionally and personally. When there's a need, we're there with help and support. We celebrate each other's wins. Mourn each other's losses. And have your back with whatever it takes to help you succeed.
Tindall Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EEO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.