Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Director, Marketing Capabilities, this role is responsible for being an integral part of brand planning, leveraging insight to drive the development of groundbreaking positioning, communication and engagement programs, as well as support the creation of visual identity systems and innovation strategy. In this role, s/he is expected to act as a strategic partner to the Brand Teams in identifying opportunities, creating beloved brands, and generating strategic plans.
- Lead strategic projects to evaluate business performance and answer key business questions that arise across from leaders in the organization, including Marketing, Sales, and Finance. Share key findings with leadership, driving internalization of conclusions and adoption of recommendations.
- Leverage syndicated data, advanced analytics (regression models and forecasting tools), and primary data (surveys, discrete choice) to monitor and diagnose the brand/category and address business issues and information needs
- Manage external vendors across both syndicated and custom suppliers to deliver on-time highly insightful analysis, synthesized across data sources.
- Develop forecasting tools and capabilities across multiple levels of product/geography/channel to enable granular portfolio strategy recommendations.
- Lead analysis to determine the impact of sales/marketing promotions and provide significant contribution to go-forward promotion strategy and media planning
- Provide deep category expertise through the lens of the shopper and connected to the entire Path-to-Purchase
- Be the steward of shopper behavior insights, specifically, the analysis, identification, and interpretation of custom shopper behavioral and/or attitudinal data through research like P2P, shop-alongs, ethnographies, and CDT
- Develop and execute behavioral insights learning plans for key categories and customers in conjunction with business partners including Category Management, Sales, and Marketing
- Identify proper syndicated data needs and implement resources and tools to organization.
- A team player, who thrives on working collaboratively, inspiring others and bringing out the best in the wider team
- Plan and manage the Behavioral Insights market research budget
This position has direct supervisory responsibility over, and daily management of, individual associate that requires: personnel performance evaluations, personnel succession planning, approval of budgets for travel, training, associations, trade shows, advertising, dues/publications, etc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
BA/BS degree required in statistics, business, or finance, advanced degree preferred
- Significant and proven experience (minimum 5+ years) with quantitative state of the art research methodologies and analytics
- Understand, interpret, and gleam insights from syndicated & custom data
- Experience in vitamins/supplements or healthcare category preferred but not required
- Strong analytical background across a variety of methods (e.g., shop-alongs, ethnographic research, virtual shopping, quantitative research, CDT, discrete choice, modeling, pricing, MMM, syndicated data) to tell a compelling story and help formulate category/shopper/customer plans
- Proven leadership skills including initiative, communication, creativity, bias towards action, and success even in the face of ambiguity
- Experience managing others, negotiating contracts, and leading insights and analytics vendors/agencies.
Demonstrated Proficiency in both verbal and written communication skills in English a must. Additional language proficiency a plus.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of problems and situations. Ability to communicate analysis effectively to a diverse audience to gain alignment and make decisions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, as well as to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel crouch or crawl, and taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and an ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Work Hours
This is a full time position. Monday Friday, 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM. Occasional evening or weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position will not require a lot of travel domestically or internationally.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
How to Apply:
Nature’s Way is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.