See all jobs in Green Bay WI
Job Location: Green Bay, WI
Job Type: Full Time
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Develop, implement and monitor global transportation strategy:
- Develop, implement and maintain the global transportation strategy to ensure NW utilizes the best combination of price, service, regulatory compliance and product security.
- Provide innovative, strategic recommendations to manage global transportation operations and work with internal and external partners to gain approval and implement recommendations
- Plan, build and manage global transportation improvement plans across functional peer groups and geographies.
- Collaborate with subordinate supervisors, customers, functional peers, and senior management regarding the effects of transportation decisions on NW, including analysis and/or information regarding the industry and/or government (foreign and domestic) policies and regulations that may affect NW.
Manage, plan and oversee Transportation operations:
- Develop, implement and manage annual inbound and outbound transportation operating plan and budget. Coordinate development and execution of operating plan.
- Provide direction and oversight to Logistics providers of transportation services
- Responsible for establishing a process that enables information flow through all required communication channels, including quarterly business reviews with key stakeholders regarding transportation KPI performance.
- Develop and implement strategy for improving key performance indicators including but not limited to on-time performance and mode.
- Lead and manage Transportation performance and costs, including the development of supplier scorecards.
- Responsible for directing and managing all aspects of the traffic function between NW and its customers, suppliers and company distribution centers and warehouses to ensure best-in-class compliance, costs and service
- Working closely with supply chain development, develop, manage and implement long-term improvement plan to enhance global traffic management capabilities.
- Create, update and manage the performance dashboards, including providing oversight and direction to the management of total freight costs, challenges, opportunities, quality and service
- Conduct contract negotiations with transportation providers
- Ensure effective and timely communication between the department and supply chain management, the network of distribution centers and various corporate departments to guarantee coordination of efforts
Oversee and lead the transportation team:
- Coach, mentor and train transportation talent, including developing and grooming successor
- Develop and deploy Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) within transportation operations that are integrated with global operations and customer service expectations
- Develop, implement and manage standard KPIs globally
- Promote a desire and commitment for continuous improvement
This role has supervisory responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong working knowledge of transportation and logistics service provider companies and customs regulatory import/export requirements
- Well-developed analytical skills with reference to merchandise, vendors and freight; identification and development of transportation trends; transportation systems operations; and expense control efforts
- Ability to create and design systems to increase overall efficiency. Bring strategic ideas to management, communicate change impacts, gain approval, and implement changes and improvements effectively.
- Proven change management skills and reputation for building and leading high-performing, cross-functional teams that achieve their goals; track record in attracting, developing, and retaining talent
- High business acumen, leadership, planning and organizing, as well as conflict management skills.
- Advanced knowledge of TMS and Global Shipping Process and Procedures.
- Able to effectively lead and manage direct subordinate employees and multi-layer function.
- Able to create and deliver performance management messages to subordinates.
- Excellent leadership, communication, analytical and project management skills required.
- Exceptional ability to work independently and use sound judgment in decision making with results driven orientation.
- Ability to participate as a team-member as well as leader in a fast paced, team oriented environment.
- Ability to facilitate group meetings.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
B.A. /B.S. in business or technical area required, and five (5) to seven (7) years of demonstrated experience working with NMFC, Customs Regulations, domestic and international Tariff rates and classifications, CTPAT & NAFTA. APICS certification and WERC participation are desired.
Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers and service providers. Ability to effectively present information to top management and public groups.
Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as variance and factor analysis. Perform simple daily calculations and quotients.
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock; and explosives. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
How to Apply:
Nature’s Way is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.