ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead the development and implementation of logistics/distribution/warehousing strategies to support business requirements and customer service expectations. Proactively seek out and recommend new and innovative strategies to promote best-in-class practices.
- Manage all distribution, warehouse, and transportation personnel including developing a high-performance team, cultivating a culture focused on safety and customer service, providing employee recognition, and developing skills advancement and succession programs.
- Oversee all domestic and international inbound and outbound transportation, including provider selection, contract negotiations, and optimal TMS utilization.
- Prepare and manage annual expense budgets and capital investment budgets.
- Oversee distribution center and warehouse facilities including site selection, contract negotiations, space utilization optimization, equipment, multiple facility network design, etc.
- Lead continuous improvement efforts to improve costs, productivity, customer satisfaction, and utilization.
- Develop KPIs and other metrics to measure team and individual associate performance, and to benchmark with external organizations.
- Ensure all OSHA, cGMP, and other regulatory programs are in compliance.
- Promote sustainability practices
Supervises all Distribution, Warehouse, and Transportation personnel in accordance with the companys policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training; planning, assigning, and directing work; performance appraisals, discipline, mentoring, and succession planning.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor`s degree from a four-year college or university in Business Management, Operations Management or a related field and a minimum of seven years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience with managing multiple-site networks and starting up new facilities. Thorough knowledge of ERP and WMS systems, along with other technologies such as voice-directed systems, carousel systems, pick-to-light systems, etc.
Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and boards of directors.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.,) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
CSCMP, WERC, APICS, Lean Manufacturing/6 Sigma, or other certifications and active participation are desired. Excellent people management, communication, and leadership skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
How to Apply:
Nature’s Way is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.