ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Serve as the internal leader and advocate for sustainability and CSR by monitoring emerging trends, best practices, and issues. Promote the companys sustainability culture through organizational communication and education.
- Interact with the external community including supply chain and sustainability-focused organizations
- Identify and prioritize areas for sustainability and CSR efforts; recommend strategies and initiatives to proactively address these relevant issues, while considering factors such as cost effectiveness, technical feasibility, and resources:
- Reduce landfill waste, carbon footprint, and energy and water consumption
- Community involvement and social impact
- Supply chain program
- Product design
- Collaborate with business unit leaders to gain alignment with their strategic plans
- Complete documentation, assessments, and other information as needed to obtain sustainability certifications and to participate in reporting frameworks.
- Measure and monitor progress with strategies, objectives and performance targets.
- Lead cross-functional project teams
- Formulate action plans with defined objectives, targets, and responsibilities to achieve agreed-upon milestones and goals; provide progress reports and recommendations to senior management
- Write grant applications, rebate applications, or project proposals to secure funding for sustainability projects
This role currently has no supervisory responsibilities, but could include supervision of an intern position in the future.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelors degree or equivalent in Environmental Science, Sustainability, Engineering or related degree from a college or technical school. Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a sustainability/corporate social responsibility leadership role.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of co-workers, customers, suppliers, senior management, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate figures, statistics, proportions and percentages, and to create and interpret graphs and charts.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Apply inductive and deductive reasoning.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and presentation communication skills
- Strong organizational and project management experience with a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Proficient with basic computer software and database programs (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook). Experience with sustainability data management systems is a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, and moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
How to Apply:
Nature’s Way is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.