See all jobs in Green Bay WI
Job Location: Green Bay, WI
Job Type: Full Time
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Operate and monitor assigned machine(s) to detect product defects.
- Perform job duties within the established quality control guidelines of the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
- Complete all job related documentation accurately and timely.
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness of work space, equipment, and materials at all times.
- Perform cleaning duties of workspace to maintain sanitary conditions before, during, and after a new job is introduced into the area.
- Produce finished goods that are defect-free, properly identified, and within the established standards.
- Utilize hand tools, power tools, pallet jacks, and other tools as required to perform essential job duties.
- Notify Supervisor or Manager if any discrepancies arise, such as but not limited to: safety, quality, operations, or health concerns.
- Knowledgeable in basic mathematics.
- Follow the proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines at all times.
- Flexibility in assigned work schedule to meet business needs.
PACKAGING TECHNICIAN I (0-24 Month Period)
- Must be proficient in two Packaging Zones (Zone 4 + 1 other)
- Review and begin building knowledge of required SOP and cGMP guidelines for position.
- Perform quality verifications.
- Maintain a clean and safe workspace.
- Build partnerships through team work and communication.
- Completion of all training guide requirements.
- Independently operate packaging equipment, pack, stack, and perform line quality checks.
- Accurate documentation is required.
- Ability to independently troubleshoot minor machine malfunctions.
- Knowledgeable in safety policy and lockout/tagout procedures.
- Complete all established Technician I requirements within a 24 month period.
PACKAGING TECHNICIAN II
Prerequisite: Successful completion of Technician I Level
- Must be proficient in Zones 1-4 on one packaging line.
- Independently operate, troubleshoot, and diagnose machine failures.
- Proficient recordkeeping abilities.
- Utilize computer programs that are required for job performance (i.e. SAP Software, Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.).
- Demonstrate abilities to train other team members.
- Effective and proficient team player that is aware of areas of opportunity within the assigned area.
- Consistently maintain all established job requirements and responsibilities.
PACKAGING CHANGEOVER SPECIALIST
- Performs all necessary prep work for packaging jobs (completes paperwork, scans, stages and returns components to stock)
- Performs work within SAP to begin or close jobs, investigates issues that arise throughout the shift
- Performs cleaning and any other activities to help reduce changeover times
- Covers associates working on lines to continue running through break periods
- Must be at or above Tech II Beginner status within the Proficiency Program
- Demonstrated knowledge of SAP
- Forklift certified
PACKAGING TECHNICIAN III
Prerequisite: Successful completion of Technician II Level and position availability
- Must be proficient in Zones 1-5 on one packaging line.
- Proficient in troubleshooting of all machines in assigned area.
- Recognizes opportunities to improve processes to become more efficient.
- Ability to train and develop team members.
- Builds rapport with team members and networks with other departments for support.
- Demonstrate coaching and mentoring skills.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Adherence to established schedule for lines.
- Perform minor preventative maintenance on assigned machine(s).
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
Associates must have the capability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos, in addition to having effective written and verbal communications in English to meet training, safety and quality requirements.
Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand (8-10 hours a day) and use hands to touch, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms, bend, stoop and twist. The employee is required to walk, talk, and hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
How to Apply:
Nature’s Way is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.