ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Uses appropriate methods to assess learning and performance gaps.
- Work with team members, trainers and leadership to determine training needs in each Departmental area.
- Plans, organizes, develops and facilitates learning programs in response to annual plans and goals for the department and emerging needs.
- Leads Natures Ways Trainers to coordinate training logistics for various workshops and seminars, either internal or through 3rd
- Provides content, course information, and curriculum for use in the Operations Proficiency Program.
- Works with SMEs (Subject Matter Experts) to determine course objectives and to develop appropriate course content, e.g., course outline, presentations, SOPs, forms, etc.
- Determine best method to deliver appropriate training, e.g., 3rd party, classroom, on-job training (OJT).
- Ensures new and existing course material is current, accurate, engaging, informative and consistent with established instructional design principles.
- Develops and implements efficient and effective evaluation tools that measure value and impact.
- Delivers training content in both technical and non-technical areas, e.g., OJT (set-up, operation and troubleshooting of equipment), behavioral, basic computer skills, general business topics.
- Facilitates courses and programs by serving as a knowledgeable resource and creating an energizing, safe learning environment for team members and leaders.
- Learns corporate systems, processes and other software applications, including the business purpose for each, how to use them and when the systems are used (SAP, Business Intelligence, etc).
- Facilitates accurate record keeping of reports and other documentation of training activities.
- Develop and coordinates all training needs and follow-ups for new hire, refresher/gap, new equipment/OEM training, etc. w/ Operations Leadership.
- Uses a standard approach/process to strategically solve problems independently and in team/group settings.
- Ability to work independently while effectively prioritizing department and facility training needs.
- Proactively drive change and implement process improvements within the designated operational departments.
- Collaborate with the Operations department to meet company objectives and all regulatory requirements (SQARC Safety, Quality, Appearance, Reliability and Cost).
- Flexible and extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Provides guidance, coaching and mentorship to all trainers.
- Performs other learning and development related duties as assigned.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively interface with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Strong time management and organizational skills and ability to adapt in a fast-paced work environment and balance multiple projects simultaneously.
- Self-directed with the ability to assimilate large amounts of information quickly and capable of keeping pace with fast-changing learning technology industry.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills in both small and large group settings.
- Solid experience with onboarding/orientation, management development and workplace development programs.
- Strong skills in instructional design principles, instructional technologies and adult learning.
- Strong productivity application skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office products (including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Must have ability to document procedures and write training manuals/visual work instructions.
- Highly creative, innovative and motivated to continuously and pro-actively improve our training programs and the result(s) of the organization.
This job has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor`s degree in Instructional Design, Communications, Human Resources, Organizational Development or related discipline plus three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Lean/Six Sigma, TWI or other process improvement training/experience is desired.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively in front of groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs and charts.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and peripheral vision (reading computer screen and images projected onto wall from LCD projector during training in bright and dimly lit rooms). May need to observe work functions and facilitate training during 1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
How to Apply:
Nature’s Way is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.