The Brand Manager of the Nature’s Way Heritage Brands will have responsibility for prioritizing and growing their portfolio as well as full marketing and P&L responsibilities. This person will collaborate with the Director of Marketing to develop the heritage brand portfolio prioritization strategy as well as develop marketing strategies for digital and e-commerce.
The Brand Manager will have responsibility for several of the priority categories that Nature’s Way competes in as well as for many heritage brands. These priority categories include Cold & Flu (Umcka & Sambucus), Joint Health (Wellesse), Oils (including Coconut Oil), Women’s Health (CranRx & Remifemin). The brand manager will lead the analysis and development of the strategy for these categories as well as have full marketing and P&L responsibilities for these categories and heritage brands both in Natural and Mass channels. The brand manager will directly lead a team and will partner with sales, R&D, market research and others to successfully lead their initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
The Brand Manager will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Lead and develop a team of associate brand managers
- Oversee Cold & Flu, Joint Health, Coconut oil, Women’s Health, and legacy brand P&Ls and deliver annual financial targets, including net sales and profit.
- Responsible for developing vision and strategy for assigned categories and sub-brands
- Accountable and responsible for developing optimal budgets and prioritization for categories/brands in order to hit growth targets
- Develop and implement annual business plans, taking into account the nuances between the Natural and Mass channel.
Marketing & Innovation:
- Accountable and responsible for generating compelling consumer insights to develop winning brand portfolio / category strategies vs. competition.
- Manage and deploy the annual marketing budget for your prioritized categories and sub-brands.
- Oversee and manage the marketing mix for prioritized categories/brands:
- Develop integrated consumer communications and media plans which may include digital, print, website, CRM, and social media.
- Partner with digital team and agencies to deliver precision marketing approach for categories that have targeted conditions or seasonality
- Collaborate with sales partners in the development and implementation of trade promotions, channel segmentation and management, category management and salesforce education.
- Expand our ecommerce sales by ensuring content are up to date and by partnering with sales to develop product and promotional strategies.
- Monitor and track competitive activity, as well as in market trends for new ingredients, delivery forms, etc.
- Collaborate with sales and R&D to build and launch impactful new product innovation.
POSITION TYPE / EXPECTED WORK HOURS
This is a full time position. Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM. Occasional evening or weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position has direct supervisory responsibility over, and daily management of, individual brand and capability managers that requires: personnel performance evaluations, personnel compensation oversight, personnel succession planning, approval of budgets for salary, benefits, travel, entertainment, training, associations, trade shows, advertising, dues/publications, etc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Required: Undergraduate college degree in marketing, business or a related field. 4+ years of related experience in consumer packaged goods marketing within the Food/Drug/Mass and/or Health Food Store channels.
Preferred: Masters of Business Administration graduate degree. Marketing experience with a healthcare or supplements portfolio a plus.
This position required up to 20% domestic travel. Some international travel may be required.
How to Apply:
DON'T HAVE A RESUME click here
HAVE A RESUME click here
Nature’s Way is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.