Job Title Back End Web Developer
Location Wichita, KS
Job Type Full-Time Regular
The Back-End Web Developer position will work in collaboration with Marketing to design, build, or maintain web sites, using authoring or scripting languages, content creation tools, management tools, and digital media. In addition, this position will identify problems uncovered by testing or customer feedback, correct problems, and will evaluate code to ensure that it is valid, properly structured, meets industry standards and is compatible with browsers, devices, and/or operating systems.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, build, or maintain website code, using authoring or scripting languages, content creation tools, management tools, and digital media.
- Perform and/or direct website and database updates.
- Confer with Technical and Applications Development Manager to prioritize needs, resolve conflicts, develop content criteria, or choose solutions.
- Backup files from websites to local directories for instant recovery in case of problems.
- Identify problems uncovered by testing or customer feedback, and correct problems.
- Evaluate code to ensure that it is valid, properly structured, meets industry standards and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
- Maintain understanding of current web technologies or programming practices through continuing education, reading, or participation in professional conferences, workshops, or groups.
- Design and implement website security measures such as message encryption.
- Develop databases that support web applications and websites. Develop or implement procedures for ongoing website revision.
- Document test plans, testing procedures, or test results.
- Identify or maintain links to and from other websites and check links to ensure proper functioning.
- Perform website tests according to planned schedules, or after any website or application revisions.
- Recommend and implement performance improvements.
- Write supporting code for web applications or websites.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, or related field from an accredited school preferred. Equivalent experience in lieu of education will be considered.
- Must understand LAMP stack (Linux operating system, Apache HTTP Server, MySQL relational database management system, and PHP programming language) required.
- 2-3 years of experience in web applications development strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of the Laravel PHP framework preferred.
- Knowledge of GIT(github.com) or similar preferred.
- Knowledge of MEAN stack (MongoDB, Express.js, Angular.js, and Node.js) preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Design - Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Communications and Media - Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Computers and Electronics - Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge - Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
- Interacting With Computers - Using computers and computer systems (including software) to program, set up functions, enter data, or process information
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Operations Analysis - Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a design.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Thinking Creatively - Maintaining, designing, or creating new ideas or products, including artistic contributions.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Originality - The ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about a given topic or situation, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem.
- Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Fluency of Ideas - The ability to come up with a number of ideas about a topic (the number of ideas is important, not their quality, correctness, or creativity).
- Near Vision - The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Written Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Getting Information - Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Processing Information - Coding, categorizing, calculating, tabulating, reporting, or verifying information or data.
Office duties will be performed in a well-lighted, climate-controlled environment.Physical Requirements:
- Must have adequate manual dexterity to write legibly and perform required duties on the computer.
- Must have adequate visual acuity to read, interpret and transcribe written material and to perform other required duties.
- Requires normal range of hearing and clear speaking abilities to interact appropriately with others in person and on the telephone.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time.
How to Apply:
Summit Employment Professionals