Job Title Delivery Driver
Location Wichita, KS
Job Type Full-Time Regular
The delivery driver position is expected to work as a valued member of the shipping and receiving operations. This job will primarily consist of local vehicle operations involving loading and unloading of trucks and providing customer service to internal and external customers. On occasion, some deliveries will be required throughout the region.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Operate company-owned and, possibly leased, trucks and vehicles to facilitate shipping and receiving operations.
- Operate trucks for the delivery, pickup and relocation of company products and materials.
- Will plan route to insure most economical use of time and equipment.
- Perform required before-, during- and after-operation user maintenance and provide required reports.
- Provide outstanding customer service during delivery and pickup operations.
- Maintain all required certifications required by DOT and OSHA and company safety programs.
- Maintain and protect all property in excellent condition and report any incidents affecting the vehicles.
- Perform any other tasks assigned to support and improve the overall team operations, including helping with warehouse duties.
- Technical Capacity.
- Decision Making.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Time Management.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to heat, cold, wet and/or humid conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience
1 or more year(s) of experience as delivery driver.
This position is expected to work as a valued member of the warehouse, shipping and receiving operations. This job will primarily consist of providing backup support for our warehouse and as a route delivery driver and will involve loading and unloading of trucks and providing customer service to internal and external customers. On occasion, some deliveries may be required throughout the region.
Candidate must have a clean MVR and pass a pre-employment drug screen. Must also have valid auto insurance
Must be available to work between the hours of 7am-4pm M-F, hours will fluctuate depending on the need
How to Apply:
Summit Employment Professionals