See all jobs in Appleton WI
Job Location: Appleton, WI
Senior Consultant We have an opportunity for an amazing Senior Consultant to join our growing team. AppletonGreen BayMilwaukee--> Click here to apply.
What your typical day looks like
What you will enjoy
- Provides project leadership and strategic consulting to Skylines key accounts. The Senior Consultant is responsible for leading pre-sales related activities including client presentations and proposal development.
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring less experienced associates on all aspects related to successful project delivery.
- Demonstrates the company`s values.
- Acts as a senior consultant and project leader. Responsibilities will include the following:
- Define project scope and develop project plans
- Identify resource and skill requirements
- Track milestones and metrics
- Manage the project budget including managing of forecasts against actual, travel and expenses
- Coach and mentor resources through the project life cycle, holding team members accountable for projects.
- Leads projects with up to 10 resources.
- Serves a subject matter expert in the practice domain. Will act the senior consultant and lead analyst on complex projects
- Collaborates with Business Development Managers and the Practice Director to provide solutions to customer opportunities during the pre-sales process including the development of presentations and proposals.
- Responsible for ongoing relationships with key clients on all service, solution, and product related issues for the practice. Understands the clients business model and how Skylines work has a positive impact on their results.
- Assists the Practice Director with the evolution of the practice including services, solutions, and products which position the practice to grow.
- Understand the breadth of services, solutions, and products offered across practices by Skyline Technologies. Work with clients to solve business issues and identify opportunities for improved business solutions.
- Maintains knowledge of current trend and developments in the domain of the practice by reading appropriate books, journals and other literature and attending related conferences and seminars. Expected to be a life-long learner.
- Lead and support the marketing activities related to the practice, and in some cases, the organization. Includes involvement in domain user groups, in-market networking organizations, and partner organizations.
- Perform various administrative tasks including status reports, time recording, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Click here to apply
- Variety in your work with opportunities to expand your skillset
- Life-work balance and flexible hours
- Supportive leadership and team members
- Continuing education and networking opportunities
- Competitive benefits package
- A fun, supportive work environment with team engagements and family-friendly events
What we look for (minimum requirements)
Click here to apply
- Minimum of an associate degree in Information Systems or other related technical discipline plus 3 years of project management experience. Experience working in a consulting company is a plus.
- Strong understanding and experience with project, program and portfolio management. PMI-PMP, PMI-ACP or Certified Scrum Professional preferred.
- Strong command of both traditional and agile delivery methods.
- Strong understanding and experience in budget development and management techniques.
- Strong understanding and experience in directing the development and implementation of strategies.
- Knowledge and interest in current and emerging technologies and how they enhance businesses.
- Effective oral and written communication and organization skills. Must be able to communicate effectively with customers and associates at all levels of the organization.
- Effective interpersonal skills including conflict resolution, dealing with ambiguity, providing and accepting feedback, and working at all levels across an organization.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team of technical professionals.
- Ability to travel with personal vehicle to multiple customer locations within the geographic region covered by Skylines services.
About Skyline Skyline is a place where people work better together. We look for people who are passionate about technology, do whats right, and care about others. Founded in 1992 as a tech staffing agency, weve grown beyond our roots and over the years evolved into a full-service IT consulting firm providing world-class solutions and consultative service to companies around the world.
Our associates are consultants who come to work each morning to support their communities by helping clients thrive in a rapidly transforming digital world. We exist to help businesses make better decisions, drive innovation, and convert ideas into great products and services. We do this to build a brighter future for our families and communities.
How To Apply:
Please submit resume to:
At Skyline Technologies, our work environment is designed to foster personal, professional, and corporate growth. Our distinctive culture promotes a healthy balance between family and professional life, provides educational and growth opportunities, and encourages teamwork and fun.
With a variety of careers in the IT field to offer, Skyline actively recruits and hires the best and brightest IT people around. Our associates are innovators, developers, and implementers who possess a great business sense as well as outstanding technical skills. If you’re a talented technical professional looking for a rewarding and challenging career, Skyline wants to hear from you!
Skyline Technologies is an Equal Opportunities Employer.