Data Analytics BI Engineer We have an opportunity for an amazing Data Analytics BI Engineer to join our growing team. AppletonGreen BayMilwaukee--> Click here to apply.
What your typical day looks like As an Engineer on Data Analytics Data Platform (DADP) team, you will analyze, develop and deliver solutions using the Microsoft BI stack. You will be an expert using analytical and problem-solving skills with BI solution development experience who will create scalable and reliable structured data solutions to support our internal and external customers.
As a Skyline consultant, you will work directly with clients to design, develop, and deliver business intelligence solutions on the Microsoft platform, ensuring their expectations and business decision making tool capabilities are met. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to develop reporting and analytics, and create dashboards to support customer BI needs, build and maintain databases, work with analytic tools, write excellent SQL scripts and partner with customers and stakeholders to answer key business questions.
Working with other technical experts on the DADP team, our Engineers are involved in all parts of the business intelligence development process, from gathering requirements to solution delivery and documentation of lessons learned. And as a Skyline Associate, you will provide top-notch service and suggestions to not only your clients and the project youre working on, but also to your Skyline teammates.
What you will enjoy
Click here to apply
- Variety in your work with opportunities to expand your skillset
- Life-work balance and flexible hours
- Supportive leadership and team members
- Continuing education and networking opportunities
- Competitive benefits package
- A fun, supportive work environment with team engagements and family-friendly events
What we look for (minimum requirements)
Bonus if you have
- An Associate degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or other related technical discipline, plus minimum two years developing Business Intelligence solutions
- Knowledge of databases
- Experience working with relational databases, especially in Microsoft SQL Server
- Knowledge of data modeling, ETL technologies (T-SQL, SSIS) and data warehouse design theory (Kimball data modeling)
- Experience working with the Microsoft BI stack including developing solutions in Visual Studio using SSRS, SSIS and SSAS
- Experience building Tabular and/or Multidimensional models using MS Visual Studio, SSDT, and/or BIDS or PowerPivot models using Excel
- Experience building solutions in Power BI
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective oral and written communication and organization skills
- Ability to balance multiple projects while remaining focused on the needs of end users, clients and the Project Manager
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team of technical professionals
- Proficient programming, algorithm, data structure, and object-oriented programming & methodology experience
- Desire for continued education and certification as it relates to the position
Click here to apply
- Experience working with PowerPivot and/or Power Query
- Experience with Big Data BI solutions such as Azure Data Lake, Microsoft APS, Azure SQL DW, etc.
- Experience working with additional database types including Oracle, AS400, Hadoop
- Experience in programming utilizing C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET or equivalent languages.
- Microsoft Certifications such as: MCSE: Data Platform, MCSE: Business Intelligence, MCSA: SQL Server 2008/2012, MCTS: SQL Server 2008 - Implementation and Maintenance, MCTS: SQL Server 2008 - Business Intelligence Development and Maintenance, MCITP: Business Intelligence Developer 2008
- Application development experience
- Previous consulting experience
- If you have more experience and/or qualifications beyond this, thats great, we have several levels available within our structure!
About Skyline Skyline is a place where people work better together. We look for people who are passionate about technology, do whats right, and care about others. Founded in 1992 as a tech staffing agency, weve grown beyond our roots and over the years evolved into a full-service IT consulting firm providing world-class solutions and consultative service to companies around the world.
Our associates are consultants who come to work each morning to support their communities by helping clients thrive in a rapidly transforming digital world. We exist to help businesses make better decisions, drive innovation, and convert ideas into great products and services. We do this to build a brighter future for our families and communities.
How To Apply:
Please submit resume to:
At Skyline Technologies, our work environment is designed to foster personal, professional, and corporate growth. Our distinctive culture promotes a healthy balance between family and professional life, provides educational and growth opportunities, and encourages teamwork and fun.
With a variety of careers in the IT field to offer, Skyline actively recruits and hires the best and brightest IT people around. Our associates are innovators, developers, and implementers who possess a great business sense as well as outstanding technical skills. If you’re a talented technical professional looking for a rewarding and challenging career, Skyline wants to hear from you!
Skyline Technologies is an Equal Opportunities Employer.