Scull Construction Service, Inc.
Construction Estimator Job Description and Requirements
The Construction Estimator will be responsible for preparing and coordinating estimates on large and complex work, including CM, CMAR, and hard bid work. As an Estimator you will prepare bid packages, conceptual estimates, and generate subcontractor interest and bids. You will manage a historical cost database, resolve technical matters during negotiations or contract execution, and complete job cost analysis to confirm productivity. You will work with owners, A/E’s, and trade contactors to solicit engineering and cost data regarding project feasibility, and may supervise junior staff members. Reports to Preconstruction Division Manager.
The Estimator will be a champion to the Mission, Guiding Principles, and Vision of Scull Construction, and will strive to represent the team to the best of their ability.
Basic Qualifications & Skilled Required:
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Strong organizational skills
• Vendor relationships
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient with computer software programs including MS Office suite (Word, Excel and Outlook), Primavera P6
• Ability to manage multiple complex estimates under strict timelines with accuracy
• 10 Years of experience as commercial construction estimating
• Proficient in computer aided estimating programs and on-screen takeoff
* Health insurance - 1st of the month after 60 days of employment
* AFLAC - 1st of the month after 60 days of employment
* 401K - after 1 year of employment
* Vision and Delta Dental Insurance - 1st of the month after 60 days of employment
* Life Insurance