Chicago Crosstown Intermodal truck drivers at Schneider enjoy daily home time and earn up to $70,000 per year* in this CDL driving position. Crosstown Intermodal truckers haul 100% no-touch freight containers — 100% drop-and-hook — to and from the rail yards within 30 miles of Chicago, IL. Staying that close to home and starting and ending your day at the rail yard means maximum home time.
Eligible CDL Truck Driver Applicants: Experienced Class A CDL Holders
Chicago Crosstown Intermodal Truck Driver Pay
- Up to $70,000 per year*
- $2,500 sign-on bonus
- Performance pay up to $0.06 per mile more, paid out weekly - 95% of fleet receives bonus
- *Based on CDL driver experience
Crosstown Intermodal Truck Driver Benefits
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, plus flexible spending options
- 401(k) savings plan with company match
- Paid orientation and time off
- Up to $7,000 tuition reimbursement (paid at $200/month) for qualified drivers
- Paid 3-day refresher course option for drivers restarting a driving career
- Credit for Military Experience and Military Apprenticeship programs, plus more military benefits
- Many more — see full list of benefits
Chicago Crosstown Intermodal Truck Driver Qualifications
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- Live within 50 miles of Chicago, IL
- Minimum 3 months of Class A driving experience
More Reasons to Pick Schneider Intermodal based out of Chicago
- Mobile communications platform — the latest in-truck technology with electronic logging, GPS navigation, web browsing and more
- 24/7/365 operations and maintenance support to keep you moving in (location)
- Financial, legal, adoption assistance and discounts on home, auto and personal accident insurance
- Onsite fueling provided at Chicago terminal so you don’t have to spend time fueling the truck
- Over 200 shippers and receivers within the Chicagoland area
- Learn more about Schneider’s Intermodal division
It’s all here. With so many benefits and a set of core values we actually live by — safety, integrity, respect and excellence — Schneider is the destination for truck drivers, and has been since 1935. Take your career to the next level today.
“It’s never an issue to get home when I need to, and the freight is always available when I want it.”
Join one of the top trucking companies in Illinois. Call 800-447-7433 for more information about becoming a Chicago Crosstown Intermodal driver with Schneider!
Schneider uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired associates. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Job Company Driver
Sign On Bonus 2500