Feed Mill Operator/General Labourer
Location: Elmira, Ontario, Canada
Every day, our Transportation teams travel more than 40,000 kilometers to serve our customers to recover the by-products of the agri-food industry. In this way, each year, Sanimax reclaims more than 2 billion kilograms of by-products that would otherwise be sent to landfills. These by-products are renewed in highly specialized factories by our operations teams to be transformed into high quality products and finally returned to its many customers who manufacture them into numerous household products.
Come work for an employer with Quebec roots in a strong economic sector!
Sanimax offers relocation plans for operators who want to move to Elmira
Sanimax Krums inc.is looking for a Feed Mill Operator/General Labourer to join our team in Elmira!
The job includes:
- The unloading of packaged products via fork lift;
- The unloading of roll off containers and bulk transport trailers;
- Shunting of Trucks and Trailers within the Sanimax Krums Yard;
- The inspection of incoming bakery raw materials;
- The blending, grinding, screening, and loading of finished product;
- The continuous monitoring of bakery processing equipment and panels;
- Manual depackaging of products;
- Assist with equipment maintenance as required;
- Operate all feed manufacturing equipment safely and efficiently;
- Adhere to Sanimax Krums quality assurance program regarding ingredient receiving, processing, and load out;
- Perform necessary sequencing, recording, and documenting of all feed manufactured during shift;
- Maintain accurate production and receiving records, entering data into Excel spreadsheet;
- Load and unload finished feed product efficiently and in a manner that assures accuracy and high quality;
- Assist management with production scheduling, inventory planning & control for both ingredients and finished products;
- Determine proper routing and distribution for manufactured feeds to appropriate holding bins and trailers;
- Assist with equipment maintenance and repair as needed;
- Load and unload trucks in a safe and efficient manner;
- Observe and enforce all company policies & procedures, adhere to all safety requirements;
- Effectively communicate with managers, co-workers, and customers;
- Perform general work around the facility and other duties as assigned;
- Starting pay rate at $19/hour + benefits and overtime available.
- Sunday to Thursday
- From 3pm to 2am (average)
- Experience of 1-3 years as an Operator in an industrial environment;
- Fork-lift experience;
- Feed Mill Mixing Operations Experience (an Asset);
- Tandem Axel Truck Yard Shunting (an Asset).
- Good communication skills (Verbal & Written);
- Excellent organization and problem solving skills;
- Ability to Operate at heights (as required);
- Self-directed and self motivated;
- Sense of urgency
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Flexible and able to deal with change.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple processes and procedures
- Team player
Be proud to join us!
How to Apply:
Sanimax USA LLC