Job Summary: To ensure a high level of guest satisfaction by attending to the needs of the guests in an efficient and courteous way during check-in, check-out and throughout their stay. Complete all end-of-day activities including posting charges to accounts, running night audit backup, and roll the date.
- Be flexible in regard to work schedule.
- Report to work on time, in proper and clean uniform, including name tag.
- Handle all duties according to hotel policies, procedures, internal rules and standards.
- Conform to cash handling procedures at all times.
- Be knowledgeable about daily hotel operations, be up-to-date with all changes, new procedures and events.
- Have knowledge about room rates, packages, discounts and promotions and know how to handle each.
- Have knowledge about guest rooms, locations, amenities, features and all other services offered by the hotel.
- Be aware of current guest service scores, and be able to understand guest comments and needs. Be an active participant in achieving the GSS goals of the hotel.
- Be able to operate hotel reservations software competently and efficiently.
- Perform guest registration and room assignment and accommodate special requests of all guests.
- Be knowledgeable about brand specific reward programs and other frequent traveler programs.
- Answer the phones according to the standards of proper etiquette and as quickly as possible (no more than three rings).
- Know policies and procedures of safe deposit boxes.
- Ensure the cleanliness of the front desk and back office area at all times. Keep computer equipment clean at all times.
- Utilize spare time for cleaning ie: lobby, entrances, public restrooms and any other areas included on the cleaning checklist.
- Assist all guests in problems and questions as required. Ensure that all guest problems are resolved by using your brand specific problem resolution guidelines.
- Assist fellow associates in their jobs when able to improve daily operations of the hotel.
- Have knowledge about all emergency procedures and know how to act on them.
- Have knowledge about the city, the local area and attractions to provide the guests with all requested information.
- When leaving the front desk area, it is mandatory for the cashier to lock his/her bank so the cash is secured.
- Report any unusual occurrences or requests to the manager.
- Greet all guests immediately and offer assistance before the guest needs to ask. Focus your total attention on the guest.
- Use the AM, PM and night audit daily checklist to ensure smooth daily operations.
- Complete end-of-day activities including posting charges to accounts, running night audit backup, and roll the date.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, Proof of insurance and pass as approved driver.
Climbing stairs occasionally
Near vision constantly
Far vision frequently
Lifting/carrying up to 50+lbs.
The hotel business operates seven days a week, 24 hours a day. Due to this, it may be necessary to move associates from their accustomed shifts to conform to the demands of the hotel and our guests. In addition, this is the hospitality business and a hospitality service atmosphere must be projected at all times.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with all rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subjected to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
I have read and understand my job description as stated above.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
- Hotel Front Desk Night Auditor: 2 years
Required license or certification: