Department: RHSC-CU Recreational Therapy
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
Shift: Rotating (United States of America)
As a member of the interdisciplinary care team, the Activity Assistant is responsible for ensuring that the residents activity, social, and emotional needs, as well as their activity needs, are met as established in the residents Bill of Rights.
Job Description: Essential Functions:
- Provides an ongoing activities program designed to meet the interests and the physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being of each resident, in accordance with the comprehensive assessment.
- Works individually with residents to assist them in the activities and to assess their needs.
- Provides materials for residents with special needs, such as tapes and records for the blind, etc.
- Assists and directs staff to assist residents with reading and writing letters.
- Encourages resident to participate in religious activities to meet their spiritual needs.
- Schedules activities that encourage individual and group participation and visits.
- Plans and schedules outside activities and trips in the community and arranges for transportation and supervision.
- Evaluates resident`s reactions to activities and reports unusual observations to Nursing Supervisor.
- Sorts and delivers mail to residents and departments.
- Actively recruits and works with volunteers and is involved in promoting public relations within the community.
- All other duties as assigned.
Required:Certification - Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) - South Dakota Board of Nursing
Preferred:Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General StudiesExperience - 1+ years of Patient Care Experience
Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Regional Health offers a highly competitive and comprehensive benefits package that looks out for you and your family. We recognize there are many types of families, with many different needs. That's why our plans are flexible, allowing you to select the individual benefits which fit your personal needs.
Regional Health is an integrated health care system with the purpose of helping patients and communities live well. The organization, with headquarters in Rapid City, S.D., provides community-based health care in more than 20 communities in two states and 32 specialty areas of medicine. As the largest private employer in western South Dakota, Regional Health is comprised of five hospitals, 24 clinic locations and employs nearly 5,000 physicians and caregivers. Regional Health is committed to the future of medicine, with medical training partnerships, a medical residency program, and more than 130 active research studies.
How to Apply:
Come join us in our pursuit to become the best healthcare system in America!
Regional Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.