Department: RHMC-Custer Primary Care
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
The Director of Clinic Operations is responsible for all facets of day to day practice operations. Provides effective leadership and accountability for ambulatory care operations including excellence in patient care and safety, patient experience, physician and caregiver engagement and retention, financial and community stewardship.
- Oversees all functions of the clinic including but not limited to scheduling, registration, referral management, patient financial advocacy, accounts payable, health information, provider recruitment, imaging, laboratory, and clinical services. Serves as a liaison to corporate service departments that provide and/or support these services.
- Oversees and ensures efficient clinic operations, ensuring a high level of patient care, quality, service, and productivity. Demonstrates strong knowledge of care delivery systems and implements evidence-based best practices. Provides operational and technical direction. Continually monitors the functioning of the clinic(s), resolves problems, and revises operations as needed. Monitors key performance indicators and identifies and implements areas for improvement.
- Supports the organizations purpose, vision, values, and strategic priorities. Develops, implements, and oversees processes to ensure that established policies, goals, and objectives are achieved.
- Actively supports, maintains, and promotes organization quality initiatives. Communicates and educates physicians and caregivers as necessary to ensure organizational understanding and compliance with quality standards.
- Responsible for the overall patient experience and resolves any patient concerns in a timely manner.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication and develops professional relationships with physicians and advanced practice providers. Responsible for all provider relations including practice management, orientation and onboarding, and proactive problem resolution.
- Develops, manages, and is accountable for annual operating and capital budgets. Controls expenditures within approved budget.
- Performs human resource responsibilities including interviewing and selection of new caregivers, coaching and development, performance appraisals, conflict resolution, corrective actions and terminations.
- Provides exceptional leadership and promotes teamwork and collaboration. Is accountable for the overall engagement of physicians and caregivers by creating an environment in which people feel valued and respected.
- Plans and facilitates regularly scheduled provider and caregiver meetings.
- Ensures compliance for various accrediting bodies and governmental agencies and performs all necessary reviews, audits, education, and training to maintain compliant status.
- Determines physical maintenance, facility, and equipment needs and repairs and coordinates with internal and external resources.
- Participates in community activities and builds and maintains positive community partnerships/relationships.
Education:Bachelors degree in business administration, health care administration, or other related field.Experience:Typically requires 5+ years management experience in health care setting including knowledge in medical group practice management and ambulatory clinic operations.
Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Regional Health offers a highly competitive and comprehensive benefits package that looks out for you and your family. We recognize there are many types of families, with many different needs. That's why our plans are flexible, allowing you to select the individual benefits which fit your personal needs.
Regional Health is an integrated health care system with the purpose of helping patients and communities live well. The organization, with headquarters in Rapid City, S.D., provides community-based health care in more than 20 communities in two states and 32 specialty areas of medicine. As the largest private employer in western South Dakota, Regional Health is comprised of five hospitals, 24 clinic locations and employs nearly 5,000 physicians and caregivers. Regional Health is committed to the future of medicine, with medical training partnerships, a medical residency program, and more than 130 active research studies.
How to Apply:
Come join us in our pursuit to become the best healthcare system in America!
Regional Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.