Department: Home Plus RC Pharmacy-Specialty
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
Shift: Day (United States of America)
The Business Intelligence Specialist will support the business intelligence analysts and the strategic goals of Regional Health by providing data and analytics for process improvement, business decision making and financial performance objectives. May support a wide variety of operational activities, with emphasis in the analytical support of finance, managed care, cost accounting, revenue cycle and other departments financial and business initiatives.
Job Description: Essential Functions
- Work with Business Intelligence Analysts and customers to understand business needs for reporting requests and help identify opportunities to deliver business intelligence solutions that align with organizational strategies.
- Identify and document requirements for report/data request. Works with Business Intelligence Analysts and IT when new extracts are needed.
- Responsible for identifying and fully understanding sources and methods of data collections.
- Produce and publish scheduled and ad hoc reports as required by leadership.
- In conjunction with leaders and business intelligence analysts, this position serves to translate strategic data analysis. Help the leaders interpret and understand data in reports and how to apply them for improvements.
- Assists in the development of materials, reports, presentations, and communication of information for leadership.
- This position will analyze financial and operations data including but not limited to volumes, utilizations, payments, charges, costs, profitability, productivity, bonus, and efficiency. Identify issues, trends, or interesting findings to be shared with leadership.
- In conjunction with business intelligence analysts, this role will help data to identify opportunities within service lines.
- Participates in the planning, development, implementation, and maintenance of departmental monitoring tools (i.e. dashboards, productivity).
- Proactively identifies opportunities for, and participates in, ongoing performance and process improvement activities relating to business performance.
- All other duties as assigned.
PreferredEducation - Bachelors in Business or Bachelors in Engineering General or Bachelors in Statistics or Bachelors in Economics or Bachelors in Mathematics or Bachelors in Information Technology or Bachelors in Healthcare Work Experience - 1+ years Business Analytic ExperienceSedentary work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
Regional Health offers a highly competitive and comprehensive benefits package that looks out for you and your family. We recognize there are many types of families, with many different needs. That's why our plans are flexible, allowing you to select the individual benefits which fit your personal needs.
Regional Health is an integrated health care system with the purpose of helping patients and communities live well. The organization, with headquarters in Rapid City, S.D., provides community-based health care in more than 20 communities in two states and 32 specialty areas of medicine. As the largest private employer in western South Dakota, Regional Health is comprised of five hospitals, 24 clinic locations and employs nearly 5,000 physicians and caregivers. Regional Health is committed to the future of medicine, with medical training partnerships, a medical residency program, and more than 130 active research studies.
How to Apply:
Come join us in our pursuit to become the best healthcare system in America!
Regional Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.