Department: 505307094 CRLT-Recreational Ther
Location: Custer, SD
Facility: Custer Regional Senior Care
Requisition ID: 8306
As a member of the interdisciplinary care team, the Activity Assistant is responsible for ensuring that the residents social and emotional needs, as well as their activity needs, are met as established in the residents Bill of Rights.
- Provides an on-going activities program designed to meet the interests and the physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being of each resident, in accordance with the comprehensive assessment.
- Works individually with residents to assist them in the activities and to assess their needs.
- Provides materials for residents with special needs, such as tapes and records for the blind, etc.
- Assists and directs staff to assist residents with reading and writing letters.
- Encourages resident to participate in religious activities to meet their spiritual needs.
- Schedules activities that encourage individual and group participation and visits.
- Plans and schedules outside activities and trips in the community and arranges for transportation and supervision.
- Evaluates resident`s reactions to activities and reports unusual observations to Nursing Supervisor.
- Sorts and delivers mail to residents and departments.
- Actively recruits and works with volunteers and is involved in promoting public relations within the community.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to adapt and respond to change and learn quickly.
- Displays a positive attitude and flexibility in changing situations.
- Must be able to adapt to frequent interruptions while concentrating on critical tasks.
- Ability to make meaningful observations, evaluations and reports.
- Be able to investigate, recognize, and analyze problems in order to determine a plan of action.
- Ability to verbally communicate well and problem solve effectively.
- Posesses skills in courteous, compassionate and respectful treatment of internal and external customers.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Valid drivers license, basic understanding of simple electronics i.e., CD players, DVD players, TV ect, basic cooking and baking, arts and crafts and social interaction
Physical Demands: Lifting no more than 50 pounds at a time, with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Occasional lifting, transfer and transporting of a resident (75 to 300 lbs) with the use of additional human and/or mechanical assistance
Work Hours: PRN (as needed)
Regional Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Regional Health offers a highly competitive and comprehensive benefits package that looks out for you and your family. We recognize there are many types of families, with many different needs. That's why our plans are flexible, allowing you to select the individual benefits which fit your personal needs.
How to Apply: